As the economy gradually crawls back following a prolonged lockdown, so is the resumption of businesses and consumer buying. However, industry experts are conservative in their estimates. Since consumers are not venturing out much to busy markets and malls on one hand, online retailers have seen increasing consumer confidence, which is expected to result in almost double the usual volumes, hitting $7 billion in gross merchandise value, according to RedSeer Consulting. Almost 50 million shoppers are expected to come online during the first festive sale. On the contrary, the Retail Association of India is expecting business to be around 60-75% of last year, in the December quarter.
The pandemic has totally changed our way of shopping. With digitization almost indispensable in the current scenario, you can buy anything at just one click, right from buying groceries through digital Kirana platforms or even purchase a car online from the comforts of your home. The current phase is witnessing an increase in discretionary spending. Passenger car sales were up 26% in September while two-wheeler sales saw an increase of 11.64%. This is owing to the fact that people are moving away from public transport to owning a vehicle. This will also see growing numbers in the used car segment. If you are planning to buy a pre-owned car this festive season, do it after ensuring proper safety and hygiene. Here are a few platforms that are ensuring customers with a contactless car buying experience.
- Spinny: Spinny is a full-stack online used car buying and selling platform. The only full stack platform on the list, Spinny has an impressive 32% referral purchase rate and has earned trust of over 10,000+ happy customers. In the endeavour to make car ownership experience simple, confident and delightful – Spinny’s customer centric approach is evident with the industry first features such as Spinny 360 – an online in-depth interaction of each car and raising the standards of safe transactions with Home Test Drives and Home Deliveries. In addition to this, with Spinny Assured benefits, each car comes with a promise of quality, 5 day money back guarantee, 1 year warranty and Fixed price assurance – key measures that are focussed on happiness in every step of the customer’s car buying and ownership journey.
- Car Dekho: CarDekho.com is India’s leading car search venture that helps users buy cars that are right for them. Its website and app carry rich automotive content such as expert reviews, detailed specs, and prices, comparisons as well as videos and pictures of all car brands and models available in India. CarDekho.com has launched many innovative features to ensure that users get an immersive experience of the car model before visiting a dealer showroom. These include a Feel The Car tool that gives 360-degree interior/exterior views with sounds of the car and explanations of features with videos; search and comparison by make, model, price, features; and live offers and promotions in all cities. The platform also has used car classifieds wherein users can upload their cars for sale, and find used cars for buying from individuals and used car dealers
- Carwale: CarWale – India’s largest auto media vehicle. CarWale has always strived to serve car buyers and owners most comprehensively and conveniently possible. They provide a platform where car buyers and owners can research, buy, sell, and come together to discuss and talk about their cars. launched India’s first used car price guide through which a used car buyer or seller could see what was the actual market value of their vehicle, depending on the car’s model, variant, age, condition, mileage, city, and whether they were transacting with a dealer or an individual. Today, CarWale’s used car price guide stands as India’s most comprehensive and credible source of information on used car prices.
- Droom: Droom is India’s first and only online marketplace for buying and selling new and used automobiles. Droom is the largest automobile transactions auto portal in India. The company is the only fully transactional online platform enabling end-to-end transaction between buyer and seller. Our Full Circle Trust Score, Buyer’s Protection, Orange Book Value, Droom History and Eco Inspection addresses all the buyers’ pain points and hassles involved in the stressful process of buying or selling a used vehicle.
- This is the world first truck made in 1896 - April 10, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz reveals 2021 CLS, gets new driving assistance systems - April 10, 2021
- Mercedes-AMG to battle DTM with 5 teams and 7 GT3s - April 10, 2021