- Ford Performance and ARB 4×4 Accessories are teaming up to develop components for Ford off-road enthusiasts
- All-new winch-capable front bumper for the North American Ford Ranger is the first component from the collaboration, bringing even greater capability to the adventure-ready Ranger
- A dealer-installed option, the winch-capable bumper will be available in 2020 from Ford Performance Parts for $1,495 MSRP
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 31, 2019 – Ford Performance and ARB 4×4 Accessories today announce a collaboration that will design and develop off-road accessories and vehicle recovery parts for Ford off-road enthusiasts, starting with a winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger.
“For Ranger customers who want the ultimate adventure gear, a Ford Performance collaboration with ARB is a dream come true,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization and Accessories. “With 45 years of design and engineering experience in the overlanding and rock-crawling world, ARB is bringing additional options for Ranger customers looking to make their truck even more capable.”
Additional components designed to work with other Ford trucks and SUVs will be announced soon. ARB is known for aftermarket parts that include bumpers, roof racks, snorkels, air compressors, lighting and more.
“The goal of the relationship between ARB and Ford Performance is to provide Ford customers premium and functional off-road accessories that inspire personalized vehicle customization, improve off-road capability, and empower customers to feel comfortable using their vehicles – even in remote areas,” said Lachlan McCann, ARB chief operating officer.
Designed specifically for Ranger, all-new Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper is precision engineered to complement the truck’s rugged lines and is finished in a durable Integrit® powder coat. The bumper is built from welded sheet steel up to 3/16ths of an inch thick, attaches to the truck using existing chassis mounting points and can be installed on any North American Ranger configuration.
ARB and Ford Performance worked together to ensure the winch-capable front bumper is compatible with the truck’s factory components. Ranger’s original safety systems and sensors maintain functionality to enable Ford Co-Pilot 360™ driver assist technologies and available Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning. The all-new bumper is the only aftermarket steel bumper available for Ranger that meets regulatory crash test standards.
The all-new bumper will accommodate a wide range of accessories while maintaining maximum functionality for off-road and overlanding use. An integrated mount is incorporated for simple and quick winch installation, plus easy access to winch controls is available through the split center pan. Mounting points and jacking points maximize off-road functionality for increased visibility, and ease any headaches in backcountry recovery situations.
Compatible accessories for the all-new winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger include:
- WARN® Industries M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, 9.5XDC and VR EVO 10-S winches
- RIGID® SR-Series LED lightbars, both 6-inch and 30-inch lengths
- Antenna and sand flag mounts
- Jacking points for off-road jacks
The winch-capable front bumper will be available in 2020 through Ford dealers and Ford Performance Parts distributors for $1,495 MSRP before installation, and comes with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details.
- MG Gloster tech specifications & highlighted features revealed - September 23, 2020
- Ford Endeavour Sport 4WD/Everest 2020: review, specs and details in Hindi - September 23, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic: 3 Porsche members tested positive at Le Mans - September 23, 2020