DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 11, 2021 – Today, Ford debuts the Mustang Mach-E v. Everything campaign, a series of five short films that highlight the strengths of the all-electric Mustang Mach-E in impressive and visually captivating ways.
Why? To help shatter every misconception customers might have about electric vehicles by pitting the all-new Mustang Mach-E against the forces of gravity, lightning, a racing pit crew, DNA and even a rocket.
“Mustang has always been disruptive, and the all-new all-electric Mustang is no different,” said Suzy Deering, chief marketing officer, Ford Motor Company. “We needed a campaign that brought the spirit of Mustang to life in the most compelling, entertaining way possible. And Mustang Mach-E v. Everything does just that.”
The Mustang Mach-E v. Everything name came about in part because of a rise in how customers are searching online. Automotive comparison searches using “versus” have gone up – specifically around electric vehicles – by 64 percent in the past year.
The campaign was developed by creative collaborator BBDO NY and 1stAveMachine directors, Aaron Duffy and Bob Partington, who are known for their technical approach to filmmaking. The films comprise the following:
- Mustang Mach-E v. Gravity: The torque in the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is powerful. But is it powerful enough to challenge the laws of gravity? See how the electric pony’s off-the-line performance fares against a falling chandelier.
- Mustang Mach-E v. Rocket Science: The range of the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is impressive. But what does an impressive range look like? A 12-foot rocket helps visualize the EPA-estimated 300-mile range of the Mustang Mach-E Premium model with available extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive**.
- Mustang Mach-E v. Pit Crew: Over-the-air update capabilities allow the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E to update from almost anywhere. But can they compete with a mobile pit crew harnessed to the bed of a truck? Only one way to find out.
- Mustang Mach-E v. Lightning: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E can be charged superfast. But can it beat the charge of lightning generated from a 12-foot Tesla coil? Find out when the Mustang Mach-E’s impressive DC fast charging capability goes head-to-head with lightning.
- Mustang Mach-E v. DNA: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is capable of learning the behaviors and adapting to the preferences of individual drivers. But is it smart enough to tell the difference between identical ones? See what happens when the personalized technology in Mustang Mach-E takes on twins.
Mustang Mach-E v. Everything goes live on Ford.com and YouTube today. The campaign debuts Sunday, a few days ahead of National Battery Day, with TV and digital placements.