- Five Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero Sport SUVs delivered to Heathrow Landside Operations Team
- Each vehicle specially prepared to Heathrow’s specification by Mitsubishi Specialist Vehicle Operations centre in Cirencester
- Modifications include reflective decals, amber warning light system, rear racking and communication equipment
- Heathrow Landside Operation Team manage and maintain the airport’s crucial road network 24 hours a day all year round
- Mitsubishi Shogun Sport SUV now available from £29,975 OTR (INR 28.8 lakh) including free servicing and roadside assistance for three years
Mitsubishi Motors in the UK has completed the handover of five Mitsubishi Shogun Sport vehicles to Heathrow, the UK’s only hub airport. Shogun Sport is called Pajero Sport India, it is also called Montero Sport in some countries.
The five Mitsubishi Shogun Sport vehicles were built to the bespoke specification requested by Heathrow’s Landside Operations Team, who manage and maintain the airport’s road network, at the Mitsubishi Specialist Vehicle Operations (MSVO) centre in Cirencester.
This not only resulted in a quick turnaround for Heathrow, it also means that if any problem with the vehicles needs to be addressed down the line, Mitsubishi Motors in the UK will have the technical understanding and swift access to replacement parts to ensure any downtime is kept to an absolute minimum.
The team’s requirements included striking reflective exterior decals along with an amber lighting system on the roof, front grille and the rear of the vehicle to ensure maximum visibility in all conditions. These were complemented by a rear-mounted LED public safety messaging system to relay important information to approaching or following motorists.
Heathrow’s bespoke communication equipment has been fitted to the interior along with rear racking for tools and equipment for use in the assistance and recovery of stricken vehicles.
During normal trading conditions, Heathrow hosts 1,300 flights per day with over 80 million passengers passing through the airport on an annual basis, meaning that keeping things moving on the road network in and around the airport is a vital part of keeping the airport operational.
Clive Messenger, General Manager – Fleet Operations, Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, commented, “Heathrow Airport’s Landside Operations Team operates day and night, in all conditions, keeping the busy arterial roads around the airport free-flowing and safe so being chosen to supply and build their hard-working vehicles is a wonderful endorsement of both the Shogun Sport and the team who prepare them at MSVO.”
The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport SUV now available from £29,975 OTR including free servicing and roadside assistance for three years.
- Maserati Quattroporte GranLusso 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - December 7, 2021
- Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS and Taycan GTS launched - December 7, 2021
- 4 lakh Renault Kwid sold in India - December 6, 2021