- Ambulances to be used for transport of Covid positive patients
- Ceremonial handover to the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ajit Pawar
- Tata Winger BS6 ambulances are designed for patient transport, as per AIS 125 Part 1
Tata Motors, India’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, today delivered 51 Tata Winger Ambulances to the Zilla Parishad of Pune. The handover ceremony was graced by the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ajit Pawar, at Pune. The 51 Tata Winger Ambulances are a part of the larger order placed by the Zilla Parishad and will be deputed to the Gram Panchayats of Pune district to provide aid to COVID-19 patients. Tata Motors won the bid for the order under the Government e-Marketplace, and the vehicles are designed for patient transport as per AIS 125 Part 1. Dignitaries from Zilla Parishad of Pune and Tata Motors were present at the venue during the handover ceremony.
Speaking on the occasion, Vinay Pathak, Vice President, Product Line, SCV, Tata Motors, said, “The Tata Winger platform is a versatile one and is perfectly suited for several applications. It is one of the most successful ambulance platform in the country and has helped save thousands of lifes till date. In the BS6 form, it has enhanced value-adds that make it the ideal vehicle for patient transportation. Tata Motors stands together with the country in its endeavor to fight COVID-19 and we are determined to support the government in providing better and quicker healthcare to all.”
The Tata Winger BS6 Ambulances delivered to the Zilla Parishad of Pune are specially adapted to keep the driver safe, with the addition of driver partition. The Tata Winger, with its flat torque curve that enable fewer gear shifts, gear shift indicator and ECO switch helps in achieving the highest fuel efficiency, and its monocoque chassis aids in smoother patient transportation and makes it easily maneuverable through the narrow streets.
- 2022 Ford Ranger gets powerful V6 turbodiesel - December 1, 2021
- Tata Nexon EV Dark XZ+ Lux 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - December 1, 2021
- Michelin Cup for E-Gamers to launch in India - December 1, 2021