- Diamond Premium Care service is now offered to everyone, regardless of vehicle make or model, at participating Mitsubishi dealerships.
- Multi-action surface disinfectant approved by Environmental Protection Agency for use against SARS-CoV-2, associated with COVID-19 Virus.
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced that Diamond Premium Care, a non-abrasive, antimicrobial, no-contact disinfecting and deodorizing spray used on vehicle interiors and HVAC systems, is now approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to kill SARS-CoV-2 virus, associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic 2020^+.
Mitsubishi Motors is the first and only OEM deploying this service on a national scale.
“Diamond Premium Care is a rare tool in the fight against COVID-19. It offers peace of mind to the driver of any vehicle, but it’s especially valuable to those with added exposure, whether that comes from regularly sharing their vehicle with others or from the direct risk of on-the-job exposure to COVID-19,” said MMNA Vice President of Aftersales, Scott Smith. “MMNA and our dealer partners are proud to be able to offer this first-of-its-kind, EPA-approved service to everyone during these challenging times.”
Diamond Premium Care works by killing 99.9% of viruses and bacteria that inhabit automotive interiors and circulate through vehicle HVAC systems. It also eliminates odors at the source, without using abrasive chemicals like bleach or scented masking agents.
For interior application, the dye-free treatment is applied directly by spray to vehicle surfaces, and for HVAC application, it is applied through the outdoor air intake vent, allowing it to permeate through the HVAC system and cabin interior. For a standard-size vehicle, treatment can be completed in just 10 minutes.
The technology behind Diamond Premium Care was developed by Texas-based vehicle disinfecting solutions provider BioPledge. To view the EPA approval, visit EPA List N Advanced Search Page, Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19), and search by product name BioPledge or EPA registration number 91691-1.
Diamond Premium Care is offered at participating Mitsubishi Motors dealer partners in the U.S. Service must be scheduled in advance with a participating dealer.
- Pitbull invests in NASCAR team named Trackhouse Racing - January 16, 2021
- Stéphane Peterhansel driving MINI JCW Buggy wins 2021 Dakar Rally - January 16, 2021
- 2021 Isuzu D-Max comes with better safety tech & off-road performance - January 15, 2021