“We believe that buying a Mercedes should be as easy as buying food online for our customers; we expect that 25 percent of our worldwide passenger car sales will be made through online channels by the year 2025”- Martin Schwenk
- For the first time customers can not only book and purchase a Mercedes-Benz online from the convenience of their home, but also get it delivered at their doorsteps
- Transparency to the customers: Availability of On-road price of vehicles and information on online offers for customers
- ‘Live Mercedes-Benz Video Consultation Studio’: Launch of the industry-first consultation studio from Mercedes-Benz India for customized and interactive e-demonstration of products | The studio will be operational after 4th May
- First time in India: ‘Online Sales Concierge’ that is operational from 10 am to 12 am midnight
- ‘Merc from Home’ campaign aims at empowering the customer at every stage from home: explore, consult, purchase, delivery and customer service
- The e-commerce website involves all Mercedes-Benz dealers in India and is aggregated by ‘Roadster Inc. The Online platform went live in January 2020 with the sale of used cars and is well accepted by our customers
- Now the website is expanded to facilitate purchase of new Mercedes-Benz cars
- Digital Customer service support: Customers stay connected from home during vehicle service | Online appointment booking and estimates | Car care at doorsteps
- All Mercedes-Benz dealerships take appropriate measures as the health and safety of customers, visitors and employees are top priority.
- More information about ‘Merc from Home’ can be obtained from www.mercedes-benz.co.in.
- Full functionality of the platform will resume only after 4th of May
Pune: India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz further developed its online sales platform and announced today a host of new customer initiatives under the campaign ‘Merc from Home’. This campaign aims for a holistic and transparent customer journey offering a hassle free and transparent process to buy a Mercedes from the comfort of the customers’ homes. The focus of ‘Merc from Home’ will be on the ease of purchasing a vehicle using digital tools to facilitate the entire process including online payment of products and services. The online interface will be backed by robust backend operations that includes preparation of cars to the documentation process, which will be done with utmost care and in the most transparent manner. All outlets of Mercedes-Benz across India will be connected to the e-commerce portal to support the customers through their online shopping experience.
Mr. Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, said, “Digital platforms have become an important channel to stay connected with our customers. Towards this we are launching our ‘Merc from Home’ campaign that aims at providing a holistic, hassle-free and highly personalized car buying experience on our online sales platform. ‘Merc from Home’ also features new initiatives like ‘Mercedes-Benz Consultation Studio’, a virtual consultation mode that is going to enhance the personalized experience for the customers. The customers now can not only explore, select and make online payment for our products and services from the comfort of their homes, but can also get their Three Pointed Star delivered right at their doorsteps, as per their convenience.”
“With ‘Merc from Home’ we keep the emotional experience of buying a car though high level of customized demonstrations while maintaining minimum physical interactions. With our increased efforts towards digitizing our sales and service processes and offering online platforms, we are making the concept of home delivering a Mercedes, a reality. With these initiatives we are confident that an increasing part of our sales volumes will be made online by 2025.” Added Mr. Schwenk.
Key highlights of ‘Merc from Home’:
- Customers can now book and play their Mercedes-Benz online and get it delivered at their door steps from the comfort of their homes
- ‘Live Mercedes-Benz Consultation Studio’ set-up for personalized product demonstration and consultation
- Broader car portfolio now available for Mercedes-Benz India’s e-commerce platform: www.shop.mercedes-benz.co.in.
- One stop solution for smart finance for booking of a Mercedes-Benz and other Value Added Services
- A touch-free sales experience for customers for the first time
Key customer benefits of ‘Merc from Home’:
- Complete 24×7 Digital experience at any place of customer’s comfort from exploring to home delivery of cars
- Personalized interactive solution on product information and live demonstration
- One stop solution for smart finance and booking of car and other VAS services
- Protective measures during Test-drive and delivery of car
- Unique online concierge service from 10 am until midnight
- High transparency and trust
— On road price of cars | Information on availability of cars
The easy concept of Click, Consult and Buy:
‘Merc from Home’ has made the entire process of buying a Mercedes-Benz online in three easy steps of Click, Consult and Buy.
Click and customize:
Customers and prospects can log in to www.shop.mercedes-benz.co.in and select any model and variant of their choice. The customers will have the option of configuring their cars as per their taste from a wide range of options for colour, accessories etc.
Live Consultation ‘Mercedes-Benz Studio’ (operational after 4-May):
The Mercedes-Benz Consultation Studio is an exclusive offering to the Mercedes-Benz prospects to avail a personal video consultation of the product of their choice at Mercedes-Benz India’s Center of Excellence or, at a dealership of their choice by a product expert.
Exclusive time slots will be offered to the customer for their consultation. After the product consultation at the Center of Excellence; all interested prospects will further be serviced by a dealership as requested by the prospect. This will also be available to customers who call the MB India Contact Center and request for a video consultation.
Consult a Mercedes-Benz product specialist:
Once the customers have configured their car on the website, they can consult Mercedes-Benz product experts for additional technical information. This facility is open from 10 am to 12.00am Midnight for convenience of customers. The customer can choose Commercial Consultation with Mercedes-Benz India dealers’ product experts for special offers and a finance quote.
The customers can also opt for a doorstep test-drive, duly undertaken adhering to all prescribed cleaning process.
Online sales focus with dealer integration across markets:
Mercedes-Benz India has strengthened its online offering along with its dealers in a way to be ready for the future. As part of its online sales focus, Mercedes-Benz India is offering a comfortable and engaging customer journey experience.
Therefore, all the participant retail partners of Mercedes-Benz India will offer a unified online customer experience through “Roadster Inc.” which is the platform aggregator. The platform not only offers booking but also ensures that the customers can make the entire transaction online directly with the dealers. Dealers will also get an opportunity to offer customers advice and support their requirements individually.
Customers can visit the online store to book their car with a home delivery option available. Almost all dealers in the country are already part of the portal and enabling customers in their online buying journey, including delivery and complete customer service support. Also, Mercedes-Benz customers can buy Merchandise and Accessories in the online store.
All the contactless car deliveries will be as per the directives set by the government authorities. Mercedes-Benz India has incorporated enhanced cleaning services in all its processes. The entire buying process is virtually completed. Customers can also opt for a service appointment that includes complimentary pick-up and drop, via the website.
- NHAI accepted suggestions to speed up highway development - September 26, 2020
- Hyundai Design lead SangYup Lee talks about 2021 Tucson development - September 26, 2020
- Canada takes delivery of first Airbus C295 aircraft - September 26, 2020