- Second Reservation Charts to be issued 30 minutes before the scheduled train departure time, as was done before the lockdown
- Ticket booking facility, both online and on PRS ticket counters, shall be available, before preparation of second chart
Indian Railways has decided to restore earlier system of preparation of second reservation charts w.e.f. 10.10.2020.
As per established pre COVID period instructions, the first reservation chart was prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure of train. Thereafter, the available accommodation could be booked across PRS counters as well as through internet on first-come-first-serve basis till preparation of second reservation charts.
Second reservation charts were prepared between 30 minutes to 5 minutes before scheduled/rescheduled time of departure of trains. Cancellation of already booked tickets was also permitted during this period as per provisions of Refund Rules.
Due to pandemic, instructions were issued to shift the time of preparation of second reservation chart to 2 hours before scheduled/ rescheduled time of departure of trains.
As per request of Zonal Railways for ensuring convenience of rail passengers, the matter has been examined and it has been decided that the second reservation chart shall be prepared at least 30 minutes before scheduled/rescheduled time of departure of train.
Accordingly, ticket booking facility, both online and on PRS ticket counters, shall be available, before preparation of second chart.
CRIS has been issued necessary modifications in the software accordingly so as to restore this provision w.e.f. 10.10.2020.
- 2022 Ford Ranger gets powerful V6 turbodiesel - December 1, 2021
- Tata Nexon EV Dark XZ+ Lux 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - December 1, 2021
- Michelin Cup for E-Gamers to launch in India - December 1, 2021