Outdoors-inspired elements mirror country music superstar’s lifestyle
LAS VEGAS — Country music superstar Luke Bryan has teamed up with Chevrolet to create a bold, stylized Suburban concept with added functionality that speaks to his “Huntin’, Fishin’ and Lovin’ Every Day” outlook.
Bryan introduced the Suburban today at the SEMA Show, where it joins Chevrolet’s display of concept and production vehicles, crate engine systems and performance parts during this week’s automotive personalization and performance exposition.
“Chevy has been part of our family and a part of our work life on the farm for as long as I can remember,” says Bryan. “If you were a Bryan, you drove a Chevy — and I’m a longtime Suburban owner. This partnership is a natural fit for me and this unique Suburban represents everything I and my family want for our outdoor adventures.”
Blending the utility of a truck with the versatility of an SUV, Bryan’s Suburban concept is aimed squarely at accommodating the outdoor activities he enjoys with his children. Chevrolet designers interviewed Bryan to learn his wish list for his ultimate outdoor activity vehicle, which included more access to the open air.
To help the Suburban go just about anywhere and look proud doing it, the suspension was lifted and rides on modified 22-inch Chevrolet Accessories wheels mounted on 35-inch-tall off-road tires. There’s also a roof-mounted equipment carrier with a fishing rod holder.
“This concept is all about maximizing the Suburban’s space and utility for a family that truly enjoys hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities,” says Todd Parker, Chevrolet Design director. “There’s plenty of room for all their gear, along with added amenities that make the journey more enjoyable.”
In addition to the functional enhancements, Bryan’s Suburban concept also features a custom Hunter Bronze exterior color with Dark Carbon accents and camo graphics, a roof-mounted light rack and a custom lower fascia. The liftgate was re-engineered to swing outward rather than upward and incorporates a custom spare tire mount.
“If you live in that hunting, fishing, loving every day mentality, you’re going to be a little more stress-free,” says Bryan. “And your quality of life will be a little better.”
Like other regular-production 2018 Suburban models, Bryan’s concept is powered by a direct-injected 5.3L V-8, rated at 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque, that’s backed by a six-speed automatic transmission. The 5.3L engine is part of the classic Chevrolet Small Block family that’s delivered proven power and dependability for more than 60 years.
The Suburban also features a locking rear differential for sure-footed traction in the outdoors and an 8,000-pound trailering rating (4WD with NHT Max Trailering Package).
Luke Bryan Suburban Concept Features
- Chevrolet Accessories mesh grille (custom finish)
- Chevrolet Accessories black tubular assist steps
- Chevrolet Accessories Thule®* Canyon roof basket with optional extensions
- Chevrolet Accessories roof rack cross rails
- Chevrolet Accessories black Chevrolet bowtie emblems
- Hunter Bronze exterior color with Dark Carbon accents and camo graphics
- Unique lower fascia
- “Huntin’, Fishin’ and Lovin’ Every Day” exterior badges
- Roof-mounted light rack by Baja Designs
- Roof-mounted fishing rod holder
- Swing-out tailgate with spare tire mount
- Chevrolet Accessories Bluetooth headphones by KICKER®^
- Chevrolet Accessories Bluetooth Bullfrog® music system by KICKER®^
- Black and Two-Tone Olive interior color with Anodized Orange and Dark Carbon accents
- Fully trimmed seats with Argon piping and Platinum camo-pattern perforated inserts
- Custom-trimmed steering wheel, door pads, instrument panel and center console with Argon piping and Platinum camo-pattern perforated inserts
- Concept rear-facing third-row seats with custom footwell
- Reverse-mounted rear-seat DVD player
- “Huntin’, Fishin’ and Lovin’ Every Day” concept rear floormat
- Re-trimmed headliner in Light Platinum Taffeta material
Chassis and suspension
- Chevrolet Accessories 22-inch concept wheels with 35-inch-tall tires
- Suspension lift
- Lower skidplate extension
- Tow hooks in Anodized Orange
- Chevrolet Performance 5.3L cold-air intake system
- Chevrolet Performance front six-piston Brembo® brake upgrade system
The Luke Bryan Suburban concept joins approximately 20 additional Chevrolet models this week at the SEMA Show, Oct. 31-Nov. 3.