- 2021 April global sales totaled 345,777 units, up 106.2% Y/y
- Sales outside of Korea increased 185.1% to 275,558 units
- Sales in Korea down 1.2% to 70,219 units
- Hyundai expects renewed sales momentum with new models, IONIQ 5 and KONA N
SEOUL, May 3, 2021 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced global sales results for April 2021. The company globally sold 345,777 units last month, a steep increase of 106.2 percent from a year earlier. Its global sales are gaining momentum as customer demand recovers in markets worldwide.
The company sold 275,558 units outside of Korea, a 185.1 percent increase from a year earlier. Robust demand drove increased sales in many global markets, including India, Russia and especially North America and South America where market conditions have improved.
Sales in Korea decreased 1.2 percent year-over-year to 70,219 units. Sedan models including Grandeur (known as Azera in some markets) and Avante (known as Elantra in some markets) led sales momentum in Korea. Genesis luxury brand models also maintained steady sales with Genesis G80 sedan selling 6,009 units.
Overall, Hyundai’s global sales showed solid improvement as the global automotive industry has experienced a strong rebound from slow auto demand and production disruptions that occurred during the outbreak of COVID-19 a year ago.
Hyundai will focus on maintaining steady growth, driven by its new models, such as IONIQ 5 and the all-new KONA N, Hyundai N brand’s third model, which successfully debuted at the Hyundai N Day event last month.
■ Sales Results (Units)
|M/M Change||2021 YTD||2020 YTD||YTD Change|
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
- 2021 Force Gurkha revealed, comes with more Mercedes G-Wagen inspired looks - September 19, 2021
- MG Astor revealed in India, comes with Autonomous Level 2 technology - September 17, 2021
- Pre-owned luxury car dealer Boys and Machines to open in Indore - September 17, 2021