Peterborough / With a high horsepower, long-life powertrain, the brand new Radical SR10 is what you would count from a thorough–turbocharged. Centered at music-day lovers, motorsports, Club individuals, and racers throughout the globe, the SR10 provides extra electricity and torque than has ever before featured in Radical’s SR line-up, with a new engine and drivetrain package deal optimised for both overall performance and sturdiness.
The new SR10 is designed to hold you for longer, quicker time. Whether or not lapping casually at your neighborhood motorsport country club, or dicing with GT and LMP competition in an round-the-clock enduro, the SR10’s sole cause is to out-run and out-manoeuvre the opposition while providing clean pressure and effective run.
Demand from Radical’s customers for a turbocharged variation of the legendary SR line of sports Racers propelled the new version’s take a giant look at programme, which endured in the back of closed doors all through the UK’s COVID-19 enforced lockdown. Given the SR platform’s longstanding popularity for supplying electrifying overall performance via optimised aerodynamics and brilliant grip, the primary consciousness changed to maximising both the brand new powertrain’s super overall performance as well as its durability, for simpler operation and long carrier periods.
The SR10 applies overall Radical performance Engines (RPE) tuning competencies with the verified durability of Ford’s EcoBoost engine structure. This is no ordinary manufacturing unit; as Radical’s in-house powertrain department, RPE have advanced a bespoke turbocharger, induction and engine management bundle to release over 425bhp and 380lb-ft of torque from the engine. A bespoke Garrett G-series turbocharger grants better throttle response and reduced lag, with forged pistons and connecting rods and a bespoke dry-sump lubrication device for bulletproof sturdiness.
This excessive-output engine is incorporated with a new Hewland GT3-derived six-speed gearbox.
This compact unit consists of an necessary paddleshift actuator and modern WaveTrac ATB differential for optimum traction in all conditions, and is a perfect suit for the excessive torque generated by the 2.3L high Output version of the RPE-Ford inline four-cylinder engine.
“With the SR10 we’ve genuinely finished our objective of creating a car with the visceral overall performance of our SR8 but in a longer lifestyles, more long lasting bundle, filled with the brand new Radical facts and electronics skills,” stated Joe Anwyll, CEO of Radical Sportscars. “We’ve added together the high-quality powertrain technology from RPE, Ford, and Hewland to create a package with over 425bhp and 380lb-feet of torque, making the automobile both particularly responsive and simpler to force.
SR10 STANDARD FEATURES
- RPE-Ford 2261cc, circa 400bhp & 400ft-Ib, turbocharged engine with direct injection, twin-independent variable cam timing and drive-by-wire throttle
- Custom Garrett turbocharger
- Forged Motorsport pistons, connecting rods and bespoke dry-sump system
- Latest Life Racing ECU with detailed interrogation function for maintenance and analysis
- High-flow racing exhaust system
- Six-speed Hewland sequential transaxle
- Radical developed paddle-activated gearshift system with auto-blipper
- WaveTrac torque-biasing limited-slip differential
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive
- Uber to use Volkswagen e-Golf for greener future - September 28, 2020
- 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback arrives in powerful presence & OLED lighting - September 28, 2020
- Made from 812 Superfast, Ferrari Omologata one-off took 2 years to complete - September 28, 2020