- Volkswagen fulfills its commitment of launching four new SUVWs by the end of 2021 with Tiguan
- Roll-out of the exciting new Volkswagen Tiguan from the Aurangabad plant in India
- Built on the MQB platform: Increased dynamic proportions offers the template for an authentic and energetic SUV design
- Powered by award-winning TSI technology of Volkswagen: The new Volkswagen Tiguan will be powered by the brand’s globally renowned TSI technology, 2.0l TSI engine mated to 7-speed DSG transmission
- Presenting reinvention in motion: With its new 4MOTION, the Tiguan guarantees superior acceleration capability and tremendous driving fun in every situation and on every type of driving surface. The new Volkswagen Tiguan 5-seater will come with enviable performance, sharp design and exciting new features
- Prospective customers can register their interest for the exciting new Tiguan across Volkswagen India dealerships or through the Brand website www.volkswagen.co.in
Mumbai – Volkswagen Passenger Cars India today announced the start of production of its latest SUVW, the exciting new Tiguan at its Aurangabad plant. With this, Brand Volkswagen fulfils its commitment of launching four new SUVWs by 2021 in India.
Built on the globally renowned MQB platform, the 5-seater exciting new Volkswagen Tiguan has a sharp design, enviable performance, safety and exciting new assistance features. Powered by the renowned TSI technology, the Tiguan will be equipped with a 2.0l TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission with 4MOTION technology.
Commenting on the announcement, Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We are committed to continuously providing our customers with the best of technology and exciting products from Volkswagen Group and the introduction of new Tiguan is a testament to the same. The SUVW has been a global best-seller and a flagship model for Brand Volkswagen. We are extremely delighted to bring back the 5-seater Tiguan for the Indian market and are confident that the product will meet the unceasing demand for a sharp, elegant and robust SUV in the segment.”
Speaking at the start of production of the exciting new Tiguan, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “Globally, the Tiguan has proven its mettle as a robust and capable carline swiftly raising up to the rank as a global best- seller. The Tiguan is a perfect SUVW, equipped with the right amount of power, performance and elegance. We look forward to the launch of the new 5-seater Tiguan in early December 2021.”
- Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG launched, starts at Rs. 7.77 lakh - August 13, 2022
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio Classic revealed with few changes & Gen-2 mHawk engine - August 13, 2022
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson launched in India, starts at Rs. 27.69 lakh - August 13, 2022