Mercedes me connect (Mmc) now comes equipped with 3 new features deployed OTA to all India customers with connected cars: Alexa Integration, Google Home Integration, and Parking Solution POIs in Navigation
- The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition integrates additional features and the latest connected car technology
- The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is enriched with new features like Magic Sky Control with panoramic sunroof, Front seats with memory package
- The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ interiors boast of new High gloss Brown Eucalyptus Wood Trim
- Introducing an exciting new paint option: Anthracite Blue
- Mercedes me connect ups the ante with the roll-out of several exclusive features by integrating with Alexa Home and Google Home
- Mercedes-Benz India is the first luxury auto brand in India to introduce connected services in the segment capable of OTA updates in 2019
- First in segment to connect older cars from 2007 onwards via Mercedes me adapter
- More than 5000+ customers currently use Mercedes me connect across India
- The price of the S-Class Maestro is Rs. 1.51 Crores (ex-showroom all India)
- Martin Schwenk: “In 2021, one of our key priorities is to introduce the latest in connected car technology, along with the most desirable products and their updates.”
1. Alexa home integration with Mercedes me connect
2. Google home Mercedes me connect
3. Parking Solution POIs in navigation system
Alexa Home Integration:
Any conversation with Alexa promises to be more fun as the systems connect with customers Mercedes Benz via cloud and provide real-time updates. This feature can be used from an Alexa Echo device setup at the home, office, or also from the phone’s Alexa App. Some examples that you can command, “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to set a reminder for evening dinner” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to unlock to take a courier delivery” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to turn on the climate control”
Google Home Integration:
As an alternative, Google Home integration is also offered for Google home users. In a similar way, once the Mercedes me connect is linked to Google Home, users can start issuing commands to the device and get real-time updates about the vehicle, sitting at home
Parking Locations (POIs) in vehicle or in Mercedes me App:
Mercedes-Benz India introduces a new Parking solution, which shows Parking lots available across different parts of the cities. The Parking POIs (Points of interest) can be easily spotted in the vehicle’s navigation system or even in the Mercedes me App maps section.
Features of Parking solution –
- Off-street structured parking locations are visible in Navigation system
- POIs include public parking like malls, buildings, paid parking lots, etc.
- Added value by providing information on bifurcation of covered parking and non-covered parking (separate icons)
- Customer can select a parking lot on the Mercedes me App and can push the location to the vehicle with a single touch
Mercedes me connect milestone in India:
- October 2019: First luxury brand to launch connected services in the segment (Remote Services, Vehicle Monitoring Services, Navigation services, Assistance, and support services) that are capable of OTA updates. Also, First luxury brand to connect older cars from 2007 via Mercedes me adapter
- December 2019: Mmc with NTG6 MBUX and Hey Mercedes launched with the new GLC SUV
- June 2020: Introduction of Live Traffic Information feature (with select cars)
- June 2020: MBUX head unit updated with Covid-19 testing centers in June with MapMyIndia in collaboration with MBRDI (for all MBUX cars with Mmc functionality)
- July 2020: Introduction of new App family with new User Interface and enhanced functionality. Addition of features like Garage function, 3D map view, biometric access + Introduction of Mercedes me Service App for Service appointment booking (for Mmc capable cars)
- July-August 2020: Introduction of 3 new features on all Mmc cars: + Remote window / sunroof open and close, + Geo-fencing, + remote vehicle finder
- September 2020: With the launch of AMG GLE 53 Coupe, introduction of remote engine start with select cars
- October 2020: MBUX with 100+ electric charging stations POIs display on with EQC launch (in collaboration with MBRDI)
After a high demand and success on the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class, we are happy to introduce an option of Nut brown leather interiors with diamond white bright exterior paint option.
High-gloss brown eucalyptus wood trim:
An all-new trim in the S-Class Maestro Edition interior which blends in harmoniously while also creating exciting contrasts with the interior options.
Other existing key highlights of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’:
MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with ULTRA RANGE high beam | Burmester surround sound system with 13 speakers | Chauffeur package with memory-function | Electrically-adjustable rear seats including memory function | Rear Seat Comfort package with reclining seats and massage function | Wireless charging system in the front and rear | Rear Seat Entertainment System | Sun Protection package | Smartphone integration package with Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto
S 350 d engine:
The OM 656 engine used in the S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is the most powerful passenger car diesel engine offered by Mercedes-Benz India; the inline-six cylinder motor delivers an output of 210 kW (286 hp).
Rated output (kW [hp] at rpm)
Rated torque (Nm at rpm)
600/1200 – 3200
Acceleration 0-100 km/h
Top speed (km/h)
Radar based Driving Assistance Features
Over and above the multifold safety features that come as standard, the new S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ comes with best in class safety technology radar-based driving assistance system which reduces the risk of accidents and enhances the protection of occupants as well as other road users, and can take the strain off the driver within the respective system limits.
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC:
Controls the distance to vehicles in front up to a speed of 210 km/h and if necessary brakes the vehicle with up to 50 per cent of the maximum braking power.
Active Steering Assist:
At speeds up to 210 km/h, Active Steering Assist helps the driver keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane on straight stretches of road or slight bends.
Active Braking Assist:
The emergency braking function can help to avoid or lessen the consequences of accidents with vehicles in front and pedestrians.
Blind Spot Assist:
It can warn the driver of vehicles in the blind spot during a lane change.
- Made in India 2021 Jeep Wrangler to launch on 15 March - February 23, 2021
- Lamborghini Miura SV sold for Rs. 21 crore & Countach LP 400 for Rs. 6.8 crore - February 23, 2021
- Gordon Murray Automotive T.50s Niki Lauda packs 725 BHP, weighs 852 kg - February 23, 2021