Stuttgart/Beijing- Recently the new V-Class celebrated its market premiere at Auto China in Beijing. The facelift of Mercedes-Benz MPV is now available for the Chinese customers on the world’s largest automotive market. The market launch of the model was done in 2016 since then more than 62,000 units of the V-Class have been produced and sold in China. According to the company, it will continue to produce at the local Daimler joint venture Fujian Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (FBAC) in Fuzhou.
Marcus Breitschwerdt, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans: “China is an extremely important, steadily growing market – and for us the V-Class is definitely the most important driver of growth here. Thanks to consistently focussing on the specific requirements of the market and customers as well the excellent performance of our sales team, we have been able to put our MPV in a very strong position on the Chinese market – every fourth V-Class sold worldwide drives on Chinese roads. We are convinced that the new V-Class with equipment that is even more luxurious and a significant increase in driving comfort will further strengthen its position.”
The new V-Class for China customers is more attractive and customer-focused
The V-Class for China has a refined exterior design with a new mix of paint colours and rims as well as the revised front section. The 9G-TRONIC automatic torque converter transmission in combination with the AIRMATIC air suspension system1, which automatically provides the optimum damping effect on each wheel for all driving modes. With the new available Active Brake Assist and Highbeam Assist Plus, the model is even safer too. The interior of V-Class has more luxurious and modern ambience. The designers and engineers have focussed on the comfort of its Class V customers. The extended armrests contribute to an increased easiness of this model. The vehicle also provides many other facilities like a cup holder, USB ports and also an integrated storage facility for a smartphone. The seats are beautifully made with chrome and light elements.
The vehicle’s MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system adds to the style and comfort of it. It has a touch display of 10.25 inches in size, a touchpad on the centre console and the self-teaching voice control which is activated with the key phrase “Hey Mercedes”. The vehicle is specifically made for the people of China as it also has WeChat app – a Chinese multi-messaging, social media and payment app. There is QQmusic along with radio for the soothing driving experience.
Facts and figures relating to V-Class in China
- Worldwide every fourth V-Class drives on Chinese roads as more than 62,000 units of the V-Class have been sold in China since 2016.
- More than half of all V-Class vehicles in China are operated as an important means of transportation.
- The new V-Class is available to its customers as “Pilot”, “Exclusive” and “Luxury”.
- The production plant which is in Fuzhou has an area of 660,000 m²
- Around 400 million euros have been invested in the production plant
- These are features which make GMC Hummer EV so unique & a super truck - October 22, 2020
- Cadillac got world’s fastest reacting suspension technology - October 21, 2020
- 2020 Volkswagen Arteon starts at Rs. 30 lakh in UK - October 19, 2020