The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has long been a much relied on family-friendly vehicle. The new Ertiga boasts added features that have made it an even friendlier MPV in addition to appearing more stylish and luxurious than its previous versions.
The new Ertiga comes in seven variant options that offer considerable level of flexibility – both in terms of pricing as well as performance and features. Customers can take home their own preferred variant without having to deliberate any tweaks for the MPV.
- LXi: The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Smart Hybrid line-up starts with the most basic LXi model that comes at a price of INR 7.59 lakhs. The model, like all other variants, comes with the standard 7-seater capacity of the Ertiga and other fundamental features like dual-tone interiors, manual AC etc. Being the base model, the LXi misses out on a number of convenience features as compared to the upper level variants.
- VXi: The INR 8.34 lakh variant has a few more added features than the base model. All the VXi models include similar feature layout with some minor differences. The ‘MT only’ model has a gear shift indicator and second row armrests etc.
- VXi AT: The automatic transmission version of the VXi climbs a few levels up in the feature department. The interiors have chrome finishing on gear shift knob and parking brake lever, as well as comfort features like keyless entry and day & night adjustable IRVM. Priced at INR 9.36 lakhs, it also has ‘AT only’ exclusive features like ESP and Hill Hold.
- VXi CNG: The INR 8.95 lakh CNG-run model in the VXi listing lacks a Split Type Luggage Board, however, it does have an MID in the instrument cluster. The front grille is chrome with other amenities like central locking and body coloured ORVM.
- ZXi: The MT model comes with a gear shift indicator and more pronounced features than the preceding variants at a price of INR 9.17 lakhs.
- ZXi AT: Top model- the AT version of ZXi comes with a number if advanced features like Smart Key Engine Push Start/Stop and Auto AC for INR 10.13 lakhs. It offers almost all the features of the lower grade models and more.
- ZXi+: Priced at INR 9.71 lakhs, the ZXi+ has a leather wrapped steering wheel with wooden finish and 17.8 cm infotainment display etc.
All the variants, except CNG, have a standard K15B Smart Hybrid engine and new innovations like Idle Start Stop, Brake Energy Regeneration and Torque Assist during acceleration. Eritga competes with Renault Triber, Mahindra Marazzo, Mahindra Bolero for some sorts and its sibling from Nexa, the XL6.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021