Mumbai / The first All-New Thar#1 from Mahindra & Mahindra—part of the $19.4 b Mahindra Group—will be auctioned later this month to raise funds for select NGOs fighting Covid-19. With the bidding slated to be held during September 24-27, 2020, the registration for the online auction opened last week (click on https://auto.mahindra.com/events/all-new-thar-auction to register).
The coveted All-New Thar#1 emblazoned with the Thar#1 badge will signify the very first lucky owner giving him a chance to contribute towards COVID-19 relief operations. Customized badging on the vehicle with the owner’s initials, serial No. 1 on the decorative plate, dashboard and leatherette seats will be the other distinguishing features of this All-New Thar #1.
While announcing the commencement of online registration for the All-New Thar#1 auction, Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M Ltd. Said, “As we approach the start of booking for the All-New Thar on 2nd October, we expect a lot of interest and excitement to get the first one booked.”
“The first All-New Thar#1, a coveted piece, will hence be auctioned to the highest bidder with the proceeds going to a COVID-19 related charitable cause. Mahindra will donate an amount equal to the proceeds from the auction to the same charity. There’s no doubt that the best way to own the first Thar is to donate to a COVID charity by bidding online,” added Jejurikar.
Hosted on the carandbike.com auction engine, the online auction is being conducted by Mahindra First Choice Wheels (MFCW). Ernst & Young will conduct the entire bidding while the prospective bidders will be required to put down a refundable caution deposit. Conducted online, the registrations will be open to everyone.
The winning bidder can also decide on his choice of the charitable organization from three options and he will have five variants and six colour options of the All-New Thar#1 to choose from.
The charitable organizations/funds are: Naandi Foundation, which is working to create sustainable livelihoods in the food and agriculture sectors in a post COVID-19 world through upskilling; Swades Foundation, which is building rural life and livelihoods as part of its COVID-19 relief & recovery programme, and the PM Cares Fund.
The All New Thar#1, rooted firmly in Mahindra’s rich automotive tradition upholds Mahindra’s DNA in its purest form. Thar has been leading the Mahindra brand’s transformation too.
Registering for the auction:
- Registration opens September 19, 2020
- Participant comes on designated registration website – https://auto.mahindra.com/events/all-new-thar-auction
- Participant can view information and click on the registration button
- Participant provides details required as part of the registration process
- Participant accepts terms and conditions, verifies mobile number and pays caution deposit
- Upon registering successfully, the participant will receive an SMS notification
- Uber to use Volkswagen e-Golf for greener future - September 28, 2020
- 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback arrives in powerful presence & OLED lighting - September 28, 2020
- Made from 812 Superfast, Ferrari Omologata one-off took 2 years to complete - September 28, 2020