Kia has unveiled all new fourth-gen of Kia Sorento. Launched in 2002, Sorento is one of the Kia’s best known and best selling, more powerful, attractive, better engineered and more technologically advanced in each new iteration. The 2021 Sorento Sets A New Standard In Compact SUV Segment As The Only Vehicle In Its Class To Offer The Best Estimated Fuel Economy For A 3-Row SUV With 37 mpg Combined.
The Variants that are being offered are – LX, S, EX, SX, and SX-Prestige. It will be Available In FWD Or AWD offerings with three Powertrains including Turbo Hybrid. APHEV will be introduced next year. The hero model will be X-Line SX-Prestige AWD which demonstrates the transformation of Sorento into more premium and tech Oriented SUV. This trim will includes: a standard Torque-On-Demand AWD with center locking differential and downhill descent control, an increased Ride Height to 8.3-in. from the previous model, and an exclusive bumper and exterior details, such as unique 20-inch Alloy Wheels and Bridge-Type Roof Rack.
The exterior comprises of stunning shapes: which is a study in stylish architectural structure which makes it more authentic SUV than soft crossover. The evolution of Kia new Sorento dynamic aesthetic is exemplified in following:
Kia’s modernized “Tiger Nose,” with new “Eyeline” DRL details on the wide grille extending into headlight and hood structure.. Furthermore, the hood edge wraps around the body side and integrates into the rear shoulder line, enhancing length and width. There are standard led headlamps and optional signature led forward lighting includes DRLs. Headlamp and DRL modules are separated for a high-tech look, a strong side character line emphasizes muscular and athletic profile, a distinctive dynamic wave shape at base of the c pillar and six different alloy wheel designs, from 17-inches to 20-inches, which are the largest ever for a Sorento.
The All-New Interior continues the strong, solid and sophisticated sensibility of the exterior which includes bright satin finishes, available metal texture inlays or open-pore wood inlays, leather embossed quilt pattern on optional leather-equipped models and eye-catching vertical center air vents impart a sense of strength and presence.
Given the predecessor of the 2021 Sorento is built on an all-new 3rd generation “N3” platform that is a lighter, stronger and more flexible design than previous models which includes, increased wheelbase by nearly 1.4 Inches. To increase the interior space body-in-white weight is reduced by 5.6% and overall weight is reduced by 3.1%. Moreover, average tensile strength is improved by 4% compared to the previous Sorento. There is improved driving dynamics, including acceleration, ride and handling, and noise vibration and harshness (NVH) with new aluminum bumper plate for improved durability, and for any accidental mishaps distribution of impact kinetic energy forces through multi-load-path body structure. And it has been given versatility to accommodate alternate drivetrains, such as hybrid and plug-in hybrid.
There are four engines are to be offered on the 2021 Sorento, including 2 internal combustion powerplants and 2 electrified motors in both FWD And AWD. It will have a 2.5L GDI 4-Cylinder (this has one more variant) and a 1.6 with 8-Speed Automatic Transmission. With a 191hp And 182lb.-ft Torque, that can be either FWD Or AWD where the AWD System uses torque-vectoring with center-locking differential to provide extra power to rear wheels in slippery conditions and estimated combined (City And Highway) mileage of 27 mpg that is a 2 mpg increase over previous Sorento.
The Hybrid will have a 1.6-L GDI 4-cylinder Turbo Hybrid (this too will have one more variant) with 44 kw electric motor: along 6-Speed Automatic Transmission. With 227hp along with a battery capacity of 1.5 kwh with FWD. and will have estimated mileage of 39 MPG City / 35 Highway / 37 Combined.
Some of Kia Sorento’s 202 notable features are-
- It will get more off-road capability such as the new x-line trim features 1.0-in.higher ground clearance, improved approach/departure angles, more advanced AWD with snow-mode and a more robust roof rack than outgoing Sorento.
- Outstanding Performance Capabilities: The new 2.5-Turbo Option With 281 Horsepower And 311-lb-ft of torque mated to a segment-exclusive 8-speed wet-clutch DCT for more responsive around-town or mountain-pass driving.
- The New Turbo-Hybrid powertrain will feature a 42 additional Horsepower and nearly 50% better fuel economy than outgoing Sorento base engine.
- One of the most powerful HEV in its Class: 227-Horsepower And Estimated 37 MPG Combined.
- Available Plug-in Hybrid Option With 261 Horsepower And An Estimated 30 Miles Of Pure Electric Driving Range.
- More interior Flexibility with improved legroom And cargo room than outgoing Sorento, and available second-row captain’s chairs, allowing buyers to select either 4+2 or 5+2 seating and has best-in-class front/rear legroom and overall interior passenger volume.
- One of the most Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) will be the new standard- New Sorento adds Forward Collision Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Occupant Alert and will have available New Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist , Available New Passenger Safe Exit Assist. and Available New Blind View Monitor.
- Bold new SUV Design with Exterior and Interior being designed In the US at Kia’s Irvine, California Studio with crisp lines, bold fascias and distinctive details combine with an interior that gives of a rugged elegance and features available with bose premium audio, panoramic sunroof and up to eight USB ports.
Kia Sorento is overall the best package as it offers exclusive features, build quality, and fantastic engine options. It is the ultimate KIA Sorento that exceeds the previous version in all its aspects.
- How Maruti Suzuki Smart Hybrid technology is necessary for a greener India - December 26, 2020
- Peugeot’s 3008 can bring attraction to India’s compact SUV segment - December 24, 2020
- Volvo Cars global sales up by 7.1% in 2020, thanks to USA & China - November 5, 2020