— Namaste Car (@NamasteCar) July 16, 2020
- Designed on the concept of ‘Ambitious Sedan’, 5th Generation model – Longest and Widest Sedan in its segment
- India’s first connected car with Alexa remote capability
- Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU) – Standard offering across all grades with 5-year free subscription and over 32 connected features
- BS-6 compliant Powertrains – All New 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC Petrol engine with VTC and India exclusive refined 1.5L i-DTEC Diesel engine
- ASEAN N-CAP 5 Star rating equivalent
- First in segment features such as Full LED headlamps, Z- Shaped wrap-around LED Tail lamp, 17.7 cm HD full color TFT meter with G-meter, LaneWatch camera, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Agile Handling Assist (AHA) and many more
New Delhi, July 15, 2020: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today launched its much-awaited All New 5th Generation Honda City in India. First introduced in India in January 1998, Honda City has been the country’s most successful mid-size sedan. Now in its 5th Generation, the City has always defined the original authentic shape of sedan in India and reinvented itself according to the needs and aspirations of its customers. The much awaited All – New Honda City has been conceptualized to carry forward its legacy, deliver supremacy and exceed previous benchmark by offering superior value proposition to its customers.
The new Honda City has been developed at Honda R&D Centre located in Tochigi, Japan following extensive market surveys in India, ASEAN countries and other markets for people’s driving needs and lifestyles.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Gaku Nakanishi, President & CEO, Honda Cars India said, “Honda City has been our key pillar of business for more than 22 years, being one of the longest running nameplates in the Indian automotive history. With cumulative sales of more than 4 million units worldwide, it has provided joy to almost 8 lakh customers in India and many more aspiring to own the model. Each generation of the City has raised the bar on design, technology, quality, driving pleasure, comfort & safety, and has come with several industry firsts or segment first features.” “Our vision has been to offer our customers with a new value that is unprecedented in the history of City and we are confident that the All New City will create fresh excitement in the mid-size sedan segment,” he added.
In the All New 5th Generation Honda City, the length and width has been expanded making it the longest and widest sedan in its segment. The All New City takes a huge leap in Connected Car Services with Next Generation of Honda Connect available as standard offering across all grades along with 5-year free subscription. It is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa Remote Capability.
The all-new Honda City has been introduced in both Petrol and Diesel, powered by Honda’s superior EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY range of BS-6 compliant powertrains – All New 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC Petrol engine with VTC and India exclusive refined 1.5L i-DTEC Diesel engine respectively delivering high fuel efficiency, low emission and spirited driving performance.
The Grand Concept of the 5th Generation Honda City is ‘Ambitious Sedan’ which aims to complement its customer’s ambitions and provide them a strong sense of confidence to upgrade their lives. Its design concept accentuates enhanced stance, higher strength, sportiness and sophistication. The All New City boasts of the largest in segment dimensions including 4549 mm length and 1748 mm width. The height of the new model stands at 1489 mm and wheelbase of 2600 mm.
Mr. Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, “Our aim was to make an ambitious sedan for an ambitious customer. The City has always enjoyed strong brand equity and with the 5th generation, we have further enhanced the Intelligent, Confident & Secure presence. City customers have always been very discerning and want a car that is class above the rest. Hence multiple ‘industry first’ and ‘best in segment features’ for Styling, Connectivity, Safety and Convenience have been offered as standard from the entry V variant of the All New City, setting a new benchmark for the segment.”
Supremacy of Design
The overall styling of the All New City with its Full LED Headlamps with 9 LED Array Inline Shell, Integrated LED DRL, L Shaped LED Turn Signal and distinct Z- shape 3D wrap-around LED tail lamps with Uniform Edge Light, One-touch Electric Sunroof, R-16 Diamond cut alloy wheels and shark fin antenna will surely be eye catching on Indian roads and immediately identifiable as ‘City’ even at a glance. In addition to stylish exterior, the 5th Generation Honda City delivers ambition of spaciousness and comfort within the car. Inspired by putting people first, the interiors are based on ‘Man Maximum Machine Minimum’ philosophy. The new City offers Best in class knee room and legroom, enhanced rear seat shoulder room, an ergonomically designed cockpit, multiple storage spaces and top Class Trunk Capacity of 506L.
Supremacy of Powertrains
In addition to grandeur, strength and stance, the 5th Generation Honda City offers Supremacy with Honda’s Earth Dream Series advanced and innovative powertrains which greatly enhance driving performance and fuel economy.
The Petrol variant of the All New City is powered by new 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC petrol engine with VTC, which is Honda’s first in India. Based on the High Accuracy Valve Technology DOHC + VTC, this newly introduced BS-6 engine improves combustion efficiency, reduces friction and lowers emissions. This high performance engine delivers 89 kw (121PS) @6600 rpm best in segment power and 145 Nm@1750 rpm torque, with quicker torque increase at lower engine speed. It has been mated to an All-New 6 speed Manual Transmission and New 7 speed CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) offering fuel efficiency of 17.8 kmpl and 18.4 kmpl respectively.
The Diesel variant of the All–New City is powered by new 1.5L i-DTEC DOHC Diesel engine mated to the 6-speed manual transmission. It delivers best balance of powerful performance and high fuel economy with power, 200 Nm @1750 rpm torque and impressive fuel economy of 24.1 kmpl. Application of advanced exhaust gas after-treatment system with NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) has been done to meet the challenging target of particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emission in case of diesel engines.
Supremacy of Connectivity
The All New City is India’s first connected car with Alexa remote capability and is equipped with Next Generation Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU) standard across all grades with 5-year free subscription. The Next Gen Honda Connect, with over 32 features, aims to provide a sense of safety & security, convenience and peace of mind for customers. By giving voice commands to Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon, customers can use 10 key features of Honda Connect to monitor and control their car from home. Hence, they can remotely access features such as car AC On/ Off, door lock/ unlock, check fuel status, locate the car, and status from the car dashboard, for unparalleled comfort and convenience.
Supremacy of Safety
The City’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body enhances self-protection while mitigating damage to other vehicles in the event of a collision. The 5th Generation Honda City offers host of active and passive advanced safety features like 6 Airbags system, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Assist with Agile Handling Assist, Hill Start Assist, Honda Lane Watch™ camera, Multi angle Rear Camera, Emergency Stop Signal, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, ISOFIX compatible Rear Side Seats with Lower Anchorages & Top Tether, and Immobilizer with anti-theft alarm.
Supremacy of Convenience
In the All- New City, convenience reigns supreme in the form of Honda Advanced Smart Key System with the Walk Away Auto Lock feature, Remote Engine Start (in CVT) & Keyless Window Remote Operation, Fully Automatic Climate Control with Max Cool, Click feel AC dials with red blue elimination, Rear AC vents with Charging Ports, Driver Seat Height Adjuster, LED map and Rear reading lamps.
Cockpit of Supremacy
The ergonomically designed and thoughtfully laid instrument panel sports the 20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio which connects with Apple Car play and Android Auto opening new ways of staying social and digital on the drive. The other features include 17.7cm HD full color TFT meter with Multi-function driver information interface with G-meter, Digital Speed and Cruise Control display, Web Link smart connectivity, 8 speakers premium surround sound system, Ambient Lighting and LED Interior Lamps, Steering Mounted Paddle Shifters for CVT.
The All New 5th Generation Honda City will be available in 3 feature packed grades offered in Petrol and Diesel variants – V, VX and ZX. The Petrol model will be offered in 6-Speed Manual Transmission and 7-Speed CVT and the Diesel model will be offered in 6-Speed Manual Transmission, across the 3 grades. Multiple ‘industry first’ and ‘best in segment features’ for Styling, Connectivity, Safety and Convenience have been offered as standard in all the three grades setting a new benchmark for the segment.
The All New City will be available with a choice of 5 colour options – Radiant Red Metallic, Platinum White Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic.
5th Generation City also offers wide array of accessory choices to customers with wireless charger (with smartphone holder), front parking sensor with switch, leg room lamp, trunk spoiler with LED, front & rear bumper protector, Side air bag compatible seat cover, Door visor with chrome among many others.
HCIL will start deliveries of the Petrol variants of the new City immediately from HCIL dealer network across the country. The deliveries for the Diesel variants would begin from August 2020.
The All New City offers complete peace of mind with 3 years Unlimited Kilometres warranty as standard benefit to the customer. Additionally, customers can opt for Extended Warranty for additional two years Unlimited / Limited kilometres for extra peace of mind. The car offers low cost of maintenance with Service interval of 1 year/ 10,000km whichever is earlier.
Customers can also book the All New City online from the comfort of their home through Honda’s online sales platform “Honda from Home”, alongside HCIL authorized dealership network across the country.
Prices of All New 5th Generation Honda City
(Ex showroom Delhi)
|All New 5th Generation Honda City||V||VX||ZX|
|1.5L i-VTEC Petrol Manual||Rs 10,89,900||Rs 12,25,900||Rs 13,14,900|
|1.5L i-VTEC Petrol CVT Automatic||Rs 12,19,900||Rs 13,55,900||Rs 14,44,900|
|1.5L i-DTEC Diesel Manual||Rs 12,39,900||Rs 13,75,900||Rs 14,64,900|
EXTERIOR DESIGN – STANDING ON THE EDGE
Ever since its launch, the City has defined the original, authentic shape of the sedan in India. The ‘Ambitious Sedan’ design enhances the stance and strength of the car. Inspired by the Japanese Katana blade, a type of curved sword used by ancient samurai, the All New City follows a continuity of lights with a sharp shoulder line that accentuates its premium look and length. This character line runs right from the headlamp all the way to the tail lamp defining its shape, making the hood seem longer, and gives the car a distinguishingly precise and aerodynamic impression. The exterior design combines sportiness and elegance with a more spacious cabin beyond its class making it the longest and widest sedan in its segment.
|· Length – 4549 mm, Width – 1748 mm, Height – 1489 mm, Wheelbase – 2600 mm
· Attractive sporty character by creating stable lower body that projects advanced and dynamic sleek cabin motion.
· Three-box true sedan style with Horizontal stretched form approach
· Sharp horizontal character line inspired by KATANA BLADE in motion
· Thick long nose enhancing strength and presence
· Solid Wing Face with Chrome Front Grille inherited from Honda’s top–class sedans
· 16-inch Diamond cut alloy wheel design with Shark Gray paint two tone appearance expresses strength & dynamic sportiness
|· Cutting Edge Lights
o Adoption of Daytime Running Light integrated with the solid wing face asserting overwhelming presence even in day time
o Full LED Headlamps with 9 LED Array Inline Shell, Integrated LED DRL and L Shaped LED Turn Signal
o Z Shaped 3D Wrap-around LED Tail Lamp with LED Side Marker Lamps
INTERIOR DESIGN – AMBITOUS BEAUTY
The concept of interior design is “Ambitious Beauty” which is expressed by pursuing High Contrast and Sophisticated textures and Easy to use functionality. The Interior colour, material and finish coordination is a beautiful contrast of beige and black to give a clutter-free and open feeling. The instrument panel is made in a horizontal and linear form for improved clarity of car’s sense and direction. The excellent driving visibility helps to reduce stress and contributes towards a safe drive.
|· Supremacy of Luxury: Sophisticated & high-quality dashboard with real stich soft pad and woody garnish; 20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio; Click-Feel AC dial with Red/ Blue Illumination, High quality leather steering wheel & and shift lever and soft interior ambient lighting in front footwell and map lamp with LED interior room lamps.
· Large 17.7 cm High Definition Full Color TFT Meter for Multi-Function Driver Information Interface like Trip meter, Real-time fuel efficiency, Digital speed and an innovative G-meter
· Supremacy of Comfort: Exclusive Leather Upholstery with Contemporary Seat Design; Centre armrests & Door trims with soft pad, Rear AC Ventilation with improved Air Flow; Rear Sun Shade
|· Outstanding Package – SO-KAI (INVIGORATING) COCKPIT based on Honda’s Man Maximum Machine Minimum Concept; Enhanced Visibility and Blind Spot reduction (Door mirrors mounted on door skin, Front Hood visibility suitable for India’s traffic situation, Rear visibility improvement by redesigned parcel tray & lower trunk lid, Enhanced dynamic visibility by horizontal dashboard design, Enhanced rear seat shoulder room, Best-in-class knee room & legroom to guarantee more comfort and hospitality, Top Class Trunk Capacity of 506L.
· Smart Utility – Improved Usability with storage spaces all around the car; Smartphone tray in center panel, Easy to access Cup holders in centre console, rear arm rest and 1L bottle holders in door pockets; New and convenient sub-pockets for smartphones inside the front seat back pockets.
NEWLY DESIGNED PLATFORM
|· Improved High Efficiency Performance with enhanced light weight, high rigidity and collision safety.
· Increased use of Ultra High Tensile steel along with use of Super High Formability 980 MPa grade steel for first time in India as Honda, and other advanced high strength steel for increased rigidity and Weight reduction.
· Improved suspension set-up with reduced Friction for superior handling stability as well as ride comfort
|· Improved Front torsional rigidity for confident driving dynamics at high speeds
· Improved Quietness & NVH using New technology like Spray Foam Sound Insulator in Body, Variable Thickness Insulator increased up to 3.5 times for Engine Undercover, and Full Double Sealing structure for Door
Supremacy of Power – Honda’s superior EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY range of BS-6 compliant powertrains.
· Newly introduced 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC with VTC (Variable Valve Timing Control) petrol engine to deliver high fuel efficiency, low emission and spirited driving performance
· Offered with All New 6 speed Manual Transmission and New 7 speed CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with “full-open acceleration step up-shift control” and “brake operation step down-shift control” for reduced rubber-band effect
· Refined 1.5L i-DTEC diesel engine to deliver best balance of powerful performance and high fuel economy despite the application of strict BS6 norms.
· 6 Speed Manual Transmission with new sliding mesh type reverse gear for improved quietness.
· Application of advanced exhaust gas after-treatment system with NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) to meet the challenging target of particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emission in case of diesel engines.
· Honda’s original Silver Thin Coated DPF (STC-DPF) enables reduction of PM combustion time by 40% compared to the conventional DPF.
As per test data
|1.5L i-VTEC (Petrol)||6MT
|89 kW [121 PS] @ 6600 rpm||145 Nm@ 4300 rpm||MT – 17.8 kmpl
CVT – 18.4 kmpl
|1.5L i-DTEC (Diesel)||6MT||73 kW [100 PS] @ 3600 rpm||200 Nm @1750 rpm||24.1 kmpl|
* As Certified by ARAI under rule 115 of CMVR 1989
|· ASEAN N-CAP 5-star safety rating equivalent
· Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body
· Ultra High Tensile Strength Steel Frame with use of Super High Formability 980 MPa grade steel.
· 6 Airbags System – Dual Front i-SRS^ airbags, Front seat i-Side^ airbags and Side curtain airbags
· Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Agile Handling Assist (AHA^)
· Hill Start Assist (HSA)
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
· Honda LaneWatch™ Camera
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Deflation Warning System)
· Emergency Stop Signal
|· All 5 seats 3-point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) Seatbelts and Head Restraints
· Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
· ISOFIX compatible Rear Side Seats with Lower Anchorages & Top Tether
· Multi-angle Rear Camera
· Variable Intermittent Wiper with Headlight Integration
· Pedestrian Injury Mitigation Technology
· Neck-impact injury mitigating Front Seat Head Restraints
|· 20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio
· Seamless Smartphone Connectivity with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Weblink^
· 17.7 cm HD Full Color TFT Meter^ with Multi-Function Driver Information Interface and G Meter^
· One-Touch Electric Sunroof
· Automatic Headlight Control with Light Sensor, Follow-Me-Home / Lead-Me-To-Car Headlamps with Auto Off Timer
· Auto Dimming Inside Rear View Mirror
· All 4 Power Windows Auto Up/Down with Pinch Guard
· Seat-back Pockets with Smartphone Sub-Pockets^
· Steering Mounted Commander Scroll Switch^
|· Steering Mounted Paddle Shifters for CVT
· Rear Sunshade
· Ambient Lighting and LED Interior Lamps
Advanced Smart Key System
· Engine One-Push Start/ Stop
· Touch Sensor Based Smart Keyless Access Entry
· Smart Electrical Trunk Lock with Keyless Release
· Walkaway Auto Lock^
· Remote Engine Start
· All Auto Power Windows and Sunroof^ Keyless Operation
NEXT GENERATION HONDA CONNECT – SAFETY, CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND
- Honda City is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa remote capability and will let customers conveniently interact with their car right from the comfort of their homes.
- Equipped with Next Generation Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU) that offer over 32 connected features
- Customers can obtain a variety of information such as vehicle position and door lock status from a remote location
- Offers multiple functions such as Auto Crash Notification & Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Tracking, Security Alert, Geo-Fence Alert and many more
|SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES||CONVENIENCE FEATURES||PEACE OF MIND FEATURES|
|Contextual Speed Alert||Trip Diary||Payment Gateway|
|Auto Crash Notification||Remote Tailgate Operation||Road Side Assistance|
|Manual SOS||Secondary Profile||Low Fuel Alert|
|Stolen Vehicle Tracking||Trip Planning||Battery Alert|
|Unauthorized Access Alert||Personalized Alert||Tire Deflation Alert|
|Geo-Fence Alert||Remote Operations||Driver Scoreboard|
|Speed Alert||Find My Car||Trip History|
|Time Fence Alert||Nearby POIs||Malfunction Alert|
|Idle Alert||Live Car Location Sharing|
|Live Car Location||Car Dashboard|
|Navigate to My Car||Multiple Car Management|
|Feedback & Query|
Alexa Skill Key Functionalities
|Customer can switch on/off AC & set temperature (warm, normal, cool) remotely and lock/unlock doors via voice command
Alexa, ask Honda to start my car AC and set temperature to cool.
|Car Dashboard||Customer can know the real time status of the following items:
1) Door lock/ unlock status
2) Light on/ off
3) Odometer Reading
4) Engine Health
5) Battery Health
6) Fuel Status7) Tire Status
Alexa, ask Honda to unlock the car door.
|Find my Car||Customer can blink and beep the car remotely via voice command
Alexa, ask Honda to Find my Car.*
|Remote Boot Opening||Customer can open the boot remotely via voice command
Alexa, ask Honda to open the boot*
|Indirect Tire Deflation Alert||Customer can get check tire deflation status via voice.
Alexa, ask Honda to check the tire status.
|Battery Alert||Customer can check if there is any issue with battery.
Alexa, ask Honda to tell me how is the battery.
|Time Fencing Alert
|Time fencing is mobile feature where alerts are generated in case car is accessed in Safety duration. Customer can toggle it ON/OFF
Alexa, ask Honda to turn on my car safety mode*
|Locate My Car||Customer can check the location of the car.
Alexa, ask Honda to share my car location.*
(Service History, Check validity of PUC, RSA and Insurance)
|Customer can check past 3 Service History in form of Date, Dealer & Amount.
Alexa, ask Honda to share my Service History.* Customer can check expiry dates of RSA, Pollution and Insurance.
Alexa, ask Honda what’s my Pollution expiry date.*
|Fuel Status||Customer can check the fuel status of the car.
Alexa, ask Honda to check on the fuel capacity.