- Start signal for the first Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) with plug-in hybrid drive in the compact segment. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e (fuel consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 1.9 l/100 km; power consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 13.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions in the legal EU test cycle: 43 g/km*) offers a unique combination of extrovert design, versatile sportiness and electrified drive technology. Market launch in July 2020, price: from 47.250 Euro.
- Ongoing commitment to the BMW Group’s electrification strategy. Already four BMW X models with plug-in hybrid drive on offer. The model range of the BMW X2 represents the Power Of Choice approach in the premium compact segment: Drive portfolio ranges from efficient three-cylinder gasoline and modern four-cylinder diesel engines, new plug-in hybrid systems to the BMW X2 M35i with a peak output of 225 kW/306 hp (combined fuel consumption: 7.1 – 6.8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 163 – 154 g/km*).
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e features the fourth and latest generation of BMW eDrive technology developed for the plug-in hybrid models. An electric motor generating an output of 70 kW/95 hp and a high-voltage battery with a gross energy content of 10.0 kWh enable an all-electric range of up to 57 kilometres in the legal EU test cycle.
- Together, the 3-cylinder combustion engine, which delivers torque to the front wheels, and the electric motor powering the rear wheels produce a system output of 162 kW/220 hp and create a hybrid all-wheel drive configuration. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e sprints from a standing start to 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e offers attractive new design and equipment features which are also available for the conventionally powered variants of the compact-sized SAC model. New front design with taut surfaces and without fog lights, new exterior colour Phytonic Blue metallic.
- Standard LED headlights now with integrated bad weather light. Also new: Business package including real-time traffic information.
- Extensive range of BMW Charging increases comfort when charging the new BMW X2 xDrive25e enabling the driver to conduct the main share of everyday travel locally emissions-free with the electric motor alone. Optional BMW i Wallbox allows complete charging of the fully discharged high-voltage battery in 3.2 hours. BMW Charging card offers convenient access to the world’s largest network of public charging stations.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e enables electric driving in three operating modes. In the AUTO eDRIVE standard setting, the intelligent drive system ensures optimum interaction between the two power units in all driving situations. The MAX eDrive mode can be activated for maximum use of the electric drive up to a speed of 135 km/h. The SAVE BATTERY mode enables the driver to save battery capacity for later use when driving in purely electric mode.
- Model-specific harmonisation of the body structure and chassis for the new BMW X2 xDrive25e. Storage space is fully available in primary use due to the positioning of the high-voltage battery underneath the rear seat bench. Unlimited variability thanks to folding backrests with a split of 40:20:40. Luggage compartment capacity can be increased from 410 to 1,290 litres.
- Standard equipment including 17-inch alloy wheels, two-zone climate control, auxiliary air conditioning and hybrid-specific readouts on the Control Display. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e can be ordered in Advantage, Advantage Plus, M Sport and M Sport X trims and virtually all options of the conventionally powered BMW X2 are available for the plug-in hybrid model.
Munich. Extroverted aura, versatile sportiness and modern lifestyle characteristics in conjunction with an electric drive system can now also be experienced in the premium compact segment. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e (fuel consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 1.9 l/100 km; power consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 13.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions in the legal EU test cycle: 43 g/km) is the first Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) to offer, in addition to outstanding efficiency, the option of locally emission-free mobility thanks to a plug-in hybrid drive concept. With a highly efficient electric motor and a lithiumion battery of the latest generation, the new BMW X2 xDrive25e achieves an electric range of up to 57 kilometres* in the legal EU test cycle. Together, the electric motor and the combustion engine deliver a system performance of 162 kW/220 hp.
Moreover, their intelligently controlled interaction facilitates a hybrid-specific, four-wheel drive system – a form of driving pleasure unparalleled within the competitive environment. The market launch of the new BMW X2 xDrive25e will commence in July 2020. In addition to its groundbreaking drive technology, the plug-in hybrid model will feature a multitude of new design and equipment options, which in parallel also help enhance the attractiveness of the conventionally driven variant of the compact Sports Activity Coupe. A stylish new front end without fog lights underscores the SAC’s sporty aura. LED headlights with integrated bad weather light improve visibility in adverse weather conditions. With a lifestyle-oriented charisma and sporty handling characteristics, the BMW X2 is geared more than ever to the demands of present-day target groups in the urban environment.
The wide-ranging drive portfolio, which has been complemented for the first time by a plug-in hybrid system, is in keeping with the BMW Group’s Power Of Choice approach and covers the various different needs of customers in the global automotive markets. It ranges from particularly efficient entry-level models featuring combustion and diesel engines, to the new plug-in hybrid model and the extremely sporty top model, the BMW X2 M35i (combined fuel consumption: 7.1 – 6.8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 163 – 154 g/km*) with a maximum power output of 225 kW/306 hp. Consistent continuation of the electrification strategy. With the launch of the first SAC with plug-in hybrid drive, the BMW Group is consistently pushing ahead with its electrification strategy. Just as in other vehicle classes, the diversity of models in the premium compact segment featuring an electrified drive system is constantly on the increase.
The all-new BMW X2 xDrive25e follows the Sports Activity Vehicle BMW X1 xDrive25e (combined fuel consumption: 2.1 – 1.9 l/100 km; combined power consumption: 14.3 – 13.8 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 48 – 43 g/km) and the spacious all-rounder BMW 225xe Active Tourer (combined fuel consumption: 2.1 – 1.9 l/100 km; combined power consumption: 14.2 – 13.5 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 47 –42 g/km*). A further compact plug-in model is the MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 (combined fuel consumption: 2.1 – 1.9 l/100 km; combined power consumption: 13.9 – 13.5 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 47 – 43 g/km*). Fresh accents for the BMW X2: Distinctive front end, new exterior colours, LED headlights with bad weather light.
The new BMW X2 xDrive25e will brought to market boasting design accents and attractive equipment features which, parallel to the launch of the plug-in hybrid model, will be featured on all further variants of the compact SAC. The most striking innovation is the modified design of the vehicle front end. The clear surface styling, particularly in conjunction with the models M Sport and M Sport X, provides for an exceptionally powerful appearance. The bad weather light feature, which is integrated into the standard LED headlights, replaces the previous round fog lights. Even on the base version, the look of the front end is enhanced by high-gloss black design elements. In addition, a likewise high-gloss black surround for the lower air intakes underscores the SAC’s both sporty and sophisticated appeal.
Thanks to targeted activation of the cornering light, the new bad weather light function guarantees maximum illumination of the areas on each side of the road in inclement weather conditions. Furthermore, the range of special equipment available for the BMW X2 is to be extended. In future, the Real Time Traffic Information feature will also be included in the Business Package. The choice of exterior colours will be supplemented by the variant Phytonic Blue metallic. Increased driving pleasure and efficiency thanks to latest BMW eDrive technology. Intelligently controlled interaction between a three-cylinder combustion engine and an electric motor ensures not only the exemplary efficiency of the new BMW X2 xDrive25e but also provides for a characteristic manifestation of brandtypical driving pleasure.
Like the synchronous electric motor, the high-voltage battery that supplies it with energy originates from the fourth and latest generation of BMW eDrive technology developed specifically for plug-in hybrid models. It delivers a power output of 70 kW/95 hp, a torque of 165 Nm and transfers drive torque to the rear wheels by means of a single-stage transmission. The 1.5-litre combustion engine develops a maximum power output of 92 kW/125 hp and a peak torque of 220 Nm. Power is transferred to the front wheels via a 6-speed Steptronic transmission.
The hybrid-specific four-wheel drive system resulting from this helps the all-new BMW X2 xDrive25e achieve a degree of agility that is unmatched in the competitive environment. Moreover, power transfer to the front and rear wheels is fast and precisely aligned to each driving situation under all weather and road surface conditions, ensuring the highest level of traction and vehicle stability. The system output delivered jointly by the engine and the motor is 162 kW/220 hp.
Maximum system torque of both drive units is 385 Nm. When starting off and accelerating, the spontaneous power development of the electric motor provides for particularly sensitive response to throttle pedal movement. The all-new BMW X2 xDrive25e completes the sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds. Also, during short bursts of speed and when overtaking, the drive system’s electric boost considerably enhances the vehicle’s sportiness. Top speed of the new BMW X2 xDrive25e is 195 km/h. The electric assist increases the efficiency of the drive system over long distances by supporting the combustion engine at any operating point. State-of-the-art battery technology increases electric range. Electric drive energy is stored in a lithium-ion battery. Thanks to state-of-the-art battery cell technology, the high-voltage battery unit has a particularly high energy density. With a gross energy content of 10.0 kWh, it enables the new BMW X2 xDrive25e to achieve an electric range of up to 57 kilometres* in the legal EU test cycle. Consequently, it is possible to cover a major part of everyday driving when commuting between home and the workplace, for example, merely on the power delivered by the electric motor and, therefore, emission-free. Moreover, within the framework of BMW Charging, a BMW i Wallbox is available for particularly fast, convenient and efficient charging at home.
The BMW Charging Card facilitates access to more than 320,000 public charging stations worldwide. A completely discharged high-voltage battery can be fully recharged at a domestic power outlet within about five hours, with 80% of its total capacity being attained after 3.8 hours. A 100% charge of an empty battery unit at a BMW i Wallbox takes around 3.2 hours, with 80% of its overall capacity being reached after 2.4 hours. Intelligent drive control and three operating modes. Intelligent drive control of the plug-in hybrid system guarantees not only an on-demand power transfer to the front and rear wheels, but also an efficiency-optimised interaction between combustion engine and motor. In the process, navigation data can also be used to align the drive control system to the route profile in order to increase the percentage of electric driving within built-up areas. In addition, the driver is able to influence the operating mode with the help of the eDrive button on the centre console.
As an alternative to the standard setting AUTO eDRIVE, the MAX eDrive mode can be activated, in which the new BMW X2 xDrive25e achieves a top speed of up to 135 km/h solely with the use of power from the electric motor. The SAVE BATTERY mode offers the option of maintaining the battery charge level during the journey or to increase it by means of recuperation. In this way, it is possible to save battery capacities for subsequent purely electric driving in urban areas, for example. Due to a long electric range and low CO2 emissions, the new BMW X2 xDrive25e meets the criteria which have been stipulated for the classification as an electric vehicle in Germany and the associated preferential treatment in public road traffic. In addition, it also qualifies for reduced company car taxation in Germany. Only half the gross list price is used as a basis when calculating the monetary benefit from private use of the company car. High level of variability, model-specific standard equipment. Thanks to the space-saving installation of the high-voltage battery beneath the rear seats, luggage compartment volume is only slightly less vs. conventionally powered model variants of the BMW X2. In the primarily used area, storage space remains exactly the same.
The plug-in hybrid model also has a variably usable interior. When the 40:20:40 folding seat backs are down, luggage capacity is increased from 410 to up to 1,290 litres. Both body structure and suspension setup have been harmonised with the model-specific weight distribution of the new BMW X2 xDrive25e. In order to optimise aerodynamics, the alignment of spring and damper systems comes with a lowering of the vehicle by 10 mm compared to the conventionally driven model variants. The model-specific standard equipment range for the new BMW X2 xDrive25e comprises an acoustic pedestrian protection warning as well as 17-inch light alloy wheels, 2-zone automatic climate control and standard air conditioning, which can also be remotely controlled per Smartphone via BMW Connected.
Hybrid related readouts on the Control Display provide the driver with information, among other things, on energy flow, current and previous consumption levels as well as the proportion of the total kilometres covered by the vehicle with both the electric motor and combustion engine respectively. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e is available in the equipment lines Advantage, Advantage Plus, M Sport and M Sport X.