Amidst the global disorder of 2020, Maruti Suzuki geared up and made three new launches in India. Even though the rest of the world seemed to have stopped, automotive companies stuck to their schedules and introduced new models to their customers. This year, Suzuki’s launch line-up included facelifted versions of their previous bestsellers.
Maruti Suzuki’s cosmetic updates were extended to three of its popular models- enhancements of the body styling and overall performance checks were some of the underpinning features of these new facelifts.
- All New Vitara Brezza: The award-winning model made its 2020 appearance with a more attractive body and a powerful new stance. On the outside, the car featured design enhancements in the form of a bolder Front Grille and stylish LED projector headlamps. The powertrain is made up of a strong 1.5L K-Series petrol engine and an automatic transmission. The vehicle’s fuel-efficiency ranges from 17.03 km/l to 18.76 km/l with MT and AT. The facelifted Brezza also boasts safety for all its passengers with dual airbags, Total Effective Control Technology and a number of various safety package features. The ex-showroom price for a 2020 Brezza base model is INR 7.34 lakhs.
- Dzire: The 2020 Dzire facelift guarantees a higher level of fuel efficiency than its previous counterpart. The interior comes with a variety of technologically advanced features like Smartplay Studio System and Coloured Multi-Information Display. In terms of safety, the vehicle is based on Suzuki’s much coveted HEARTECT platform which prioritizes passenger safety and makes the vehicle body extremely robust and safe to ride in. It also supports standard airbags and the anti-locking braking system. The petrol-run vehicle displays impressive mileage figures- 23.26 km/l with MT and 24.12 km/l with AMT. The starting price for a Dzire LXI model is INR 5.80 lakhs.
- The new Ignis: Developed specifically for busy urban roads and narrow streets, the Ignis 2020 facelift is Maruti’s Compact Urban SUV look. The body features a wider rear and more striking looks on the front. The interior is spacious, comfortable and has the SmartPlay Studio at the centre. It also flaunts a new Auto Gear Shift and Nexa Safety Shield for smoother and safer rides around the town. The engine is a new Peppy 1.2 L VVT Petrol which offers 61kW @ 6000rpm. The compact SUV comes with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 4.89 lakhs.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021