As we bid a bitter goodbye to the year 2020, let’s take a look at all the new automobile models that Hyundai presented to their Indian buyers this year and hopefully end this tumultuous time on a positive note. For 2020, Hyundai made a total of 5 new launches in the country.
The Korean auto giant introduced new and advanced models of many of their popular models, from a favourite of the Indian market – the i20 to the new Tucson.
- The all-new i20: Probably the most awaited Hyundai model of the year, the all new i20 carried forward i20’s legacy of being a highly relied on vehicle by Indian families. The vehicle has been designed on the ‘sensuous sportiness’ motto of the company and boasts a ‘magnetic charm’. The powertrain can be personalised with three engine options and 4 transmission options, one of which is the clutchless iMT. The vehicle was launched at a starting price of INR 6.79 lakhs.
- All New Aura: The vehicle sells itself on comfort and consequently flaunts a stylish yet highly functional interior. The engines come in four choices of one diesel, two petrol and one bi-fuel model, with the Eco Torq diesel engine being cleaner and more fuel-efficient. (Starting price: INR 5.85 lakhs)
- All New Creta: Marketed as ‘The Ultimate SUV’, the Creta has a powerful and edgy stance on the outside. The inside cabin features Hyundai’s Blue Link tech and a voice controlled panoramic sunroof. The powertrain hosts three engine options of diesel, petrol and turbo petrol, as well as various transmission choices. It’s starting price is INR 9.81 lakhs.
- The Spirited New Verna: Another major launch this year, Hyundai’s sporty sedan Verna also supports the Blue Link connectivity platform. Its 1.5-litre MPI Petrol, 1.5-litre U2 CRDi Diesel and 1.0-litre Kappa Turbo GDi Petrol engines are extremely powerful and efficient. The interior gives a very sophisticated appeal and starts at a price of INR 9.02 lakhs.
- The new Tucson: Another Hyundai vehicle featuring the Blue Link, the new Tucson is known for its incredible flexibility and multi-utility nature. The inside cabin features 60:40 split foldable rear seating configuration and is extremely roomy plus airy with the electric panoramic sunroof. The powertrain includes one NU 2.0l Petrol and one R 2.0l Diesel engine. A brand new TUCSON base model starts at INR 22.30 lakhs.
- up! can be Volkswagen’s answer to Maruti Swift & Hyundai i10 Nios in India - February 15, 2021
- Save Gotham! Somebody abandoned a Batmobile in Mumbai - January 24, 2021
- Should Honda e be the Japanese Automaker’s First Electric car in India? - January 22, 2021