Hiroshima, Japan–Mazda Motor Corporation starts taking orders today for an updated Mazda CX-8 at Mazda dealerships throughout Japan. Sales start on Nov. 28, 2019.
Mazda CX-8 is a three-row crossover SUV that comfortably accommodates six or seven adults. Offering a sophisticated and high-quality design, responsive driving performance and a quiet and comfortable ride, it debuted in December 2017 as a high-end model in Mazda’s crossover SUV lineup. In 2018, the CX-8 was named the Japan Automobile Hall of Fame’s Car of the Year, with judges commending the model’s outstanding performance and space-efficient interior as well as its advanced technologies aimed at preventing accidents and efforts to reduce driver fatigue.
With the update, Mazda has further enhanced the model’s usability and comfort as a mature long tourer that achieves a beautiful look and refined driving despite its high seating capacity. Additional equipment includes USB ports for the third-row seats2 and the quality feel is enhanced with an optional power sunroof3 and an applied damping material that reduces the sound of rain on the roof. In the luggage area, the sub-trunk box is now big enough to accept a pop-up sunshade lying flat. Even with the third-row seat in use, the trunk can accommodate four carry-on bags,4 expanding the CX-8’s range of applications as a high-capacity vehicle. In addition, a new special edition model, Exclusive Mode, is available for those who want to show their passengers true hospitality. Separated by an armrest-equipped console, the second-row captain seats offer power sliding and reclining and seat ventilation for the first time in a Mazda car. Now people in the second-row seats can experience the same level of comfort as those in the front.
In addition, customers can now choose between front-wheel and all-wheel-drive for all three engine options. AWD models come with Off-Road Traction Assist to provide safe and reassuring driving performance on a wide variety of road surfaces.
Moving forward, Mazda will continue refining its cars so customers can experience driving pleasure and outstanding environmental and safety performance in routine driving situations. By energizing people physically and mentally and making clear the value of sticking with Mazda for the long term, the company aims to become a brand connected to customers by the strongest of bonds.
Updates to the Mazda CX-8
Advances as a three-row SUV
- The second-row bench seat in L Package models features a one-touch walk-in switch
- Nappa leather captain seats with walk-through available for L Package models
- Black leather seats available for the XD Proactive S Package
- Second-row seat heaters in 25S Proactive, XD Proactive and XD Proactive S Package
- Cup holders and USB ports for second-row captain seats with walk-through (excluding 25S)
- Some model grades feature USB ports in the third-row seats2
Off-Road Traction Assist
- AWD models feature the newly developed Off-Road Traction Assist. This system works with the traction control system to maximize the transmission of driving force to the wheels in contact with the ground and smoothly extract the vehicle if it becomes stuck unexpectedly on a rough road, thus providing safe and reassuring performance on various road surfaces.
- With an AWD option added to the Skyactiv-G 2.5 model and an FWD option added to the Skyactiv-G 2.5T model, customers can pick AWD or FWD with any engine type
Enhanced comfort and quietness
- WVGA center display increased from seven to eight inches
- Rain noise is reduced with a damping coating applied to the roof
- A power sunroof is available for some model grades3 and can slide open and close or tilt up
- The size of the sub-trunk box is increased (84 liters without Bose sound system (increased 19 liters) (56 liters with Bose sound system (increased 8 liters)).
Exclusive features of the Exclusive Mode special edition model
- Power sliding and reclining functions for second-row seats
- Second-row seats also feature seat ventilation, which extracts hot, moist air trapped between the seat and passenger’s body
- Power walk-in switches fold the second-row seat backs down and slide the seats forward
- Second-row seats feature an armrest-equipped console
Major features of the new model grade, XD Proactive S Package
- Black leather seats (available in six-seat and seven-seat configurations)
- Seat heaters and ventilation for driver and passenger seats
- Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Seven-inch multi speedometer (TFT color)
|WLTC test mode fuel economy (km/L)(km/L)5||Vehicle Tax (Environmental performance-based tax break)|
Eco-car tax reduction
|3,828,000||–||15.8||12.8||15.5||17.8||Non-taxable/ tax exempt|
L Package *
|4,434,100||–||15.8||12.8||15.5||17.8||Non-taxable/ tax exempt|
- MG Gloster tech specifications & highlighted features revealed - September 23, 2020
- Ford Endeavour Sport 4WD/Everest 2020: review, specs and details in Hindi - September 23, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic: 3 Porsche members tested positive at Le Mans - September 23, 2020