- Sets new benchmark in Safety with highest ever rating for a body-on-frame SUV
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: Mahindra & Mahindra, today announced that its legendary SUV, the All-New Thar has been awarded the 4-Star Safety Rating by Global NCAP. The All-New Thar has set a new benchmark in safety with highest ever rating for a body-on-frame SUV tested by Global NCAP so far. Infact, All-New Thar has scored highest point in child safety in cars tested by Global NCAP so far.
Commenting on this achievement, Velusamy R, Chief of Global Product Development, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd., said, “This is a proud moment for Mahindra as the 4-star rating for the All-New Thar reiterates our unstinted commitment towards safety. It has achieved a robust GNCAP 4-Star rating, which is a first in its segment with highest points in child safety amongst all cars tested by Global NCAP so far.”
Velusamy further added, “The All-New Thar is designed keeping the safety of our customers as the top-most priority, including Adult & Child safety. Infact the entire safety simulation and development of the All-New Thar was done at Mahindra Research Valley, Chennai. I am sure that this recognition will further make it a popular choice amongst our consumers”.
The official Global NCAP test for the All-New Thar was conducted in Germany recently.
In its all-new avatar, the Thar is a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort & convenience, technology and safety, as it stays true to its core promise of unmatched off-roading capability and builds on its iconic design. The company has successfully retained the iconic design, proportions, off-road capability, top options and still achieved high safety in the All-New Thar. It is equipped with an excellent range of active & passive safety features to keep all passengers secure.
The passive and active safety features offered in the All-New Thar include:
- Electronic Stability Programme with Anti-Rollover Protection
- Crash-safety compliant vehicle structure (body and chassis)
- Dual Airbags
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Hydraulic Brake Assist
- 3-Point Seat Belts for Rear Passengers
- ISOFIX Mounts for Child Seats on Rear Seats
- Panic Braking Signal during Emergency Braking
- Built-in Roll-cage for Overhead Protection in case of a Rollover
- Passenger Airbag Deactivation Switch
- Seat Belt Reminder
- Speed Sensing Auto Locking Front Door Locks
- Vehicle Over-speed Audio Warning
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control for tackling Steep Slopes
- Rear Parking Sensors
At Mahindra, safety is at the very heart of all its vehicles. The XUV300 has established a new benchmark in terms of vehicle safety in India having been awarded a 5-star rating by Global NCAP and topped Global NCAP’s six-year safety rankings, making the XUV300 the safest among all the vehicles tested by Global NCAP between 2014 and 2020. The Marazzo was also certified with a strong 4 star rating by Global NCAP for Adult Occupation Protection. In fact, Mahindra was the first and only manufacturer in India to be awarded the “Safer Choice Award” by GNCAP.
Alejandro Furas, Secretary General of Global NCAP said,
“Mahindra’s commitment to safer cars is once again displayed for consumers and shows that it is possible to offer good safety performance in the Indian market. It is encouraging to see manufacturers that also offer high levels of protection for children traveling in their vehicles. The Thar demonstrates the capacity of Mahindra to improve its fleet safety.”
David Ward, President of the Towards Zero Foundation said,
“Another good result for Mahindra which shows the manufacturer’s commitment to safety. It is very satisfying to see this growing vehicle safety trend in the Indian car market, which combines minimum regulatory requirements with the purchasing power of #SaferCarsforIndia informed consumers, helping to drive demand for ever safer vehicles.”
- International Automotive Photography 2023 entries closes on 31 March - March 25, 2023
- Renault-Nissan to invest Rs. 3.7 crores for renewing 10 lakes & ponds in Kanchipuram - March 24, 2023
- Mahindra Haridwar Plant produces 50000th e-Alfa - March 24, 2023