- 2020 Acura TLX PMC Edition to debut at New York Auto Show; available this summer
- Handcrafted in the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC), where the Acura NSX supercar is produced
- TLX PMC Edition combines the line-topping premium features of the Advance Package with the sporty character of the A-Spec line
- Highest quality, most vibrant paint Acura has offered on a production car – nano pigment technology previously exclusive to NSX
- The TLX is the first model to receive “PMC Edition” treatment; MDX to follow
- View the Acura TLX PMC Edition video
Harnessing the unique capabilities of its bespoke Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio, Acura will introduce handcrafted limited-edition vehicles, starting with the 2020 TLX PMC Edition. With production starting this summer, the 2020 TLX PMC Edition will be built by the same master technicians that hand assemble the Acura NSX supercar. Deliveries of the exclusive 2020 TLX PMC Edition will begin this summer with pricing around $50,000. An MDX PMC Edition will follow. Both the production TLX PMC Edition and MDX PMC Edition Prototype make their world debut at the 2019 New York International Auto Show and will be on display throughout public show days, April 19-28, at the Jacob Javits Center.
“We designed the PMC not only to build NSX, but to give Acura the flexibility to explore handcrafted production of limited edition models,” said Jon Ikeda, Acura Brand Officer. “The TLX and MDX PMC Edition are the first to take advantage of this unique capability, and we intend to explore additional options.”
With a limited production run, the 2020 TLX PMC Edition is distinguished by its deeply lustrous and grade-exclusive Valencia Red Pearl paint with nano-pigment technology, applied in the bespoke factory’s advanced paint facility.
The 2020 TLX PMC Edition will sit atop the TLX lineup, featuring Acura’s high-performance direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 powertrain and torque-vectoring Acura Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) along with the full complement of premium features shared with the TLX Advance Package. In addition, the TLX PMC Edition will incorporate the bold exterior and interior design elements of Acura’s A-Spec line, plus multiple PMC Edition-exclusive design elements, inside and out.
Extreme Color: Supercar Caliber Paint
Each TLX PMC Edition is finished in Valencia Red Pearl, the highest quality, most vibrant paint ever offered by Acura and previously reserved for only the NSX supercar. This advanced paint features nano pigment technology that produces exceptionally high color saturation (chroma) and deep levels of contrast.
Engineered using mica, metal flake and super-high transparency nano pigments, the paint is applied using PMC’s advanced robotic paint system in multiple base coats to enhance color intensity. This is followed by two clear coats to increase the paint’s luster. Each PMC Edition undergoes the same meticulous hand inspection process given to the NSX. The total time in paint, including curing, is five days.
Handcrafted Build Process
The TLX PMC Edition assembly process begins with the delivery of the body-in-white from the main TLX production facility (Marysville Auto Plant). Once the paint process is finished, the skilled Performance Manufacturing Center master technicians will begin the hand assembly of the PMC Edition, starting with the installation of all drivetrain and chassis components, wiring harnesses and electronics. Next, the PMC Edition 19-inch wheels and tires, and exterior trim are added. Finally, the PMC Edition is fitted with its unique interior including an individually numbered serial plaque on the center console.
When the hand-assembly process is complete, each TLX PMC Edition will undergo the same quality control process as NSX, including dyno check, final paint inspection, rough-road simulation and water leak test. Finally, these PMC Editions will be wrapped in a specially designed car cover before being transported to a dealer via an enclosed car carrier.
Exclusive PMC Edition Features
The TLX PMC Edition combines the line-topping premium features of the TLX Advance Package with the sporty character of A-Spec line – a unique build in Acura’s U.S. line-up. PMC Edition-exclusive exterior design elements include Valencia Red Pearl paint, a body-colored grille surround, gloss black painted roof and door handles; gloss black 19-inch wheels and lug nuts; body-colored side mirror housings, and dark chrome 4-inch dual exhaust finishers.
Inside, the TLX PMC Edition is distinguished by black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching for the seats, door panels, and center armrest. An A-Spec steering wheel includes perforated black leather, red stitching and metal-finished paddle shifters. The individually numbered serial plaque on the lower console designates the 2020 TLX PMC Edition as handcrafted at the Performance Manufacturing Center.
TLX PMC Edition Feature Summary
Exclusive to TLX PMC Edition
- Valencia Red Pearl nano pigment paint
- Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque
- Gloss black 19-inch split-5-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
- Gloss black roof panel
- Gloss black door handles
- Gloss black diamond pentagon grille with body-colored grille surround
- Dual 4-inch black chrome exhaust finishers
- Premium black Milano leather seats with Alcantara™ inserts, black piping and red stitching
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching and paddle shifters
- Red stitching on door panel, center console, and armrest
- Premium floormats with metal A-Spec badging
- A-Spec exterior sport appearance package
- A-Spec interior sport appearance package
- Jewel-Eye LED headlights, LED fog lights
- GPS-linked navigation with Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration
- Heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seats, heated steering wheel
- Acura ELS Studio™ premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Wireless charging
- Surround view camera system
- Power folding door mirrors with auto-dimming
- Front and rear parking sensors, blind spot information (BSI) system, rear cross traffic monitor
- AcuraWatch™ suite of safety and driver assistive technologies