Mazda is launching an update of its bestselling roadster, refining the joy of open-top motoring and enhancing the inimitable thrill of the Jinba Ittai driving experience. Both soft-top and RF versions of Mazda’s brand icon feature marked improvements in dynamic performance, an upgrade to Mazda’s i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies, and refinements to design and packaging, making the world’s favorite roadster more exciting and satisfying to drive than ever before.
- Updated 1.5 and 2.0-litre SKYACTIV-G petrol engines1 with improved combustion and greater torque comply with new WLTP/RDE test cycle and meet Euro 6d Temp emission regulations. Both powertrains benefit from refined acceleration control to minimise lag between throttle applications and vehicle response.
- SKYACTIV-G 2.0 engine now higher-revving and acoustically tuned, with maximum engine speed raised from 6,800 to 7,500 rpm, maximum horsepower increased from 160 to 184 PS @ 7,000 rpm, and maximum torque from 200 to 205 Nm @ 4,000 rpm.
- Five new i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies2: Advanced Smart City Brake Support which detects vehicles and pedestrians ahead and helps avoid collisions, and Smart City Brake Support (Reverse) which detects vehicles and obstacles behind, as well as Driver Attention Alert, a Traffic Sign Recognition System and a Rear View Camera.
- The award-winning KODO-Soul of Motion design is enriched through a darker paint finish for both 16″ and 17″ alloy wheels, and the availability of a new brown canopy colour for soft-top models.3
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 goes on sale throughout Europe from August 2018 onwards
- BYD India appoints Landmark Group as it’s new dealer in Noida - March 20, 2023
- Renault Nissan to export cars from Kamarajar Port in Chennai - March 20, 2023
- Ferrari Roma Spider convertible launched with 611 Horsepower - March 19, 2023