DETROIT — GMC is expanding its premium Yukon line with the addition of two 2019 Graphite Editions. The all-new Yukon Graphite Edition offers a darkened exterior appearance, while the Yukon Graphite Performance Edition adds vehicle performance upgrades. The Graphite Editions are exclusively available on SLT trim vehicles and can be ordered on either Yukon or Yukon XL in both 2WD and 4WD configurations.
“The Yukon continues to lead the full-size SUV segment with premium features and an instantly recognizable and well-respected identity,” said Stu Pierce, senior marketing manager for GMC Trucks and Full-Size SUVs. “The all-new Graphite Edition builds on the commanding road presence and inherent capabilities of the Yukon and affords customers the opportunity to project a unique, yet distinctly GMC style.”
The Yukon Graphite Edition includes 22-inch bright machined wheels with Carbon Flash Metallic pockets, black assist steps with gloss black accents, premium black chrome grille mesh insert and fog lamp surrounds, body-color grille surround, black roof rails, gloss black beltline moldings and additional black trim.
The Graphite Performance Edition requires the Graphite Edition and further adds:
- 6.2L V-8 engine.
- 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Magnetic Ride Control.
- 22-inch six-spoke Gloss black wheels.
- Active two-speed transfer case (4WD models only).
- Trailer brake controller.
- 170-amp alternator.
- 3.23 axle ratio.
- High capacity air cleaner.
- Bose Active Noise Cancellation.
- Multi-color Head-up Display.
- 8-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Center.
- 8-inch Color Touch Screen Navigation with GMC Infotainment System.
The 6.2L V-8 included with the Yukon Graphite Performance Edition features direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing for increased efficiency while providing 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission that further improves efficiency by reducing engine revolutions at highway speeds. These powertrain enhancements are complemented by Magnetic Ride Control, which uses sensors to “read” the road and can alter the damping rate of the shocks almost instantly. The combined power and torque, greater efficiency and composed ride provide a smooth and confident driving experience.
The 2019 Yukon and Yukon XL Graphite Editions will be available this summer in the United States. Package pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date. Graphite Editions are offered in three exterior colors: Onyx Black, White Frost Tricoat and Dark Sky Metallic.
- Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo 2023: video review, specs & details in Hindi - March 26, 2023
- 2023 Honda WR-V launched in Thailand with ADAS - March 26, 2023
- International Automotive Photography 2023 entries closes on 31 March - March 25, 2023