- R-Line package adds interior and exterior design enhancements to Tiguan SEL and SEL Premium trims
- Available performance-inspired upgrades include 19- and 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and stainless-steel pedals
- Tiguan R-Line package MSRP: $1,795 for SEL trims; $1,495 for SEL Premium trims
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc. announced today that it will offer the R-Line package on the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan. The new trim package augments the all-new SUV’s sportiness with interior and exterior design elements that give it an even more dynamic appearance. The Tiguan R-Line package will be introduced at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show.
The R-Line package enhances the robust list of equipment in the Tiguan SEL and SEL Premium trims with performance-inspired treatments. The sporty exterior styling details include 19-inch “Trenton” aluminum-alloy wheels for SEL trims and 20-inch “Braselton” aluminum-alloy wheels on SEL Premium trims. Also included are R-Line badging; unique front and rear bumpers that incorporate stylish air intakes at the front and a diffusor in glossy black paint at the rear; and body color wheelarch extensions and side skirts.
Inside, the Tiguan R-Line models welcome drivers with the R-Line logo on the start screen of Volkswagen’s Modular Infotainment Platform (MIB II). Other interior features include an R-Line steering wheel badge; black headliner; stainless-steel sport pedal covers; and stainless-steel door sills with the R-Line logo.
Like the standard Tiguan model, the R-Line will feature Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter TSI® turbocharged engine and eight-speed automatic transmission. Volkswagen’s advanced 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system is available as an option. The R-Line package on SEL trims has a MSRP of $1,795, and includes front and rear Park Distance Control (ParkPilot). The package MSRP for SEL Premium models (which already include ParkPilot) is $1,495.
The Tiguan went on sale this summer and the R-Line package is expected to go on sale in the first quarter of 2018.
- Tata Motors launches Yodha 2.0, Intra V20 bi-fuel & Intra V50 - September 26, 2022
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched, starts at Rs. 10.45 lakh - September 26, 2022
- Stunning looker BMW M Hybrid V8 is here for legendary races - September 24, 2022