- Iconic premium hatchback comes with an exciting new global design
- Third Generation Swift is peppier, roomier, cleaner with advanced safety
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India today launched the third generation of its iconic and blockbuster brand – Swift. The all-new Swift comes with a new exciting design, enhanced performance, and advanced pas-senger, pedestrian and child safety. For the first time, Swift offers the acclaimed auto gear shift technology for the convenience of customers. Built on Suzuki’s innovative 5th generation HEARTECT platform, the all-new Swift has a superior power to weight ratio with an improved acceleration performance.
Presenting the all-new Swift, Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said, “Brand Swift is loved for its bold stance, strong shoulders and unmistakable road presence. With this latest evolution, these hallmark features have gone to the next level. Since its launch in 2005, Swift has been the country’s favourite hatchback, selling more than 1.8 million units. The all-new Swift is built on Suzuki’s new and innovative 5th generation HEARTECT platform for more strength, peppier performance and advanced safety. More spacious, it is loaded with new features that are poised to thrill customers.”
“Brand Swift has featured among the top 5 best-selling cars in India for more than a decade. I thank our customers for their strong support. I am confident that with the all-new Swift, we will be successful to capture the imagination of our customers and offer the car which meets their demands,” Mr Ayukawa added.
Customrs will appreciate the superior fuel efficiency of the all-new Swift. The all-new Swift offers best-in-segment fuel efficiency for both the engine options; 22.0 km/l for petrol and 28.4 km/l for diesel. The model development cost for Swift is over Rs 700 crore. The hatchback comes with around 98 per cent localization, truly embodying the “Make in India” vision.
#AllNewSwift: Sporty, Bold stance, Youthful, Fun to drive
· Wrap around windshield with unified DLO (day light opening) graphic extends to back door glass giving a striking visual statement of the floating roof.
· Sleek and expressive LED projector headlamps with a distinct design signature element on LED DRL and rear position lamp. Precision cut two-tone alloy wheels.
· Sporty, high-quality, and comfortable cabin space for passengers.
· Coordinated interior color theme accentuated by Urban Satin Chrome finish.
· Cockpit design achieved by driver-side tilted HMI (Human Machine Interface) with advanced yet easy to use controls.
· Acclaimed engine options: Petrol 1.2 L VVT and Diesel DDiS 190.
· Engines tuned for superior performance, coupled with highly balanced suspensions for better ride and comfort.
· Auto Gear Shift technology on both petrol and diesel.
· Improved NVH performance.
· Packed with 17.72 cm Smart Play Infotainment for young buyers with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto/ Mirror Link compatibility. Wide angle parking camera display has been integrated with Smart Play screen.
· Voice recognition with Indian-accent English.
· Improved A/C performance.
· Embodies Suzuki’s Total Effective Control Technology (TECT) for occupant protection and complies with frontal offset and side impact regulations and meets advanced regulations for pedestrian safety.
BEHIND THE #AllNewSwift: BY THE NUMBERS
- Diesel: 28.4 kmpl, ~12.7% higher than outgoing Swift. Best in segment.
- Petrol: 22.0 kmpl, ~7.8% higher than outgoing Swift.
- ~28% (+58 L) more luggage space.
- ~24 mm more headroom and a better seat back angle, enhances comfort in the rear seats.
- All-new Swift is 40 mm wider; 20 mm longer wheel base that creates more cabin space.
- Significant usage of High Tensile steel: ~40%.
- Improvement in acceleration performance (0-100 km/h) by up to ~10%.
|Length||3840 mm||Max Torque||Petrol: 113Nm @ 4200 rpm|
|Height||1530 mm||Diesel: 190 Nm @ 2000 rpm|
|Width||1735 mm||Max Power||Petrol: 61 kW @ 6000 rpm|
|Boot Space||268 L||Diesel: 55.2 kW @ 4000 rpm|
|163 mm||Wheel Base||2450 mm|
|Range of colours||Pearl Metallic Lucent Orange (New) | Pearl Metallic Midnight Blue ||
Solid Fire Red | Pearl Arctic White | Metallic Silky Silver |
|All-New Swift INTRODUCTORY PRICES Ex Showroom Delhi (Rs)|
|Petrol Variants||Diesel Variants|
|VXi AGS||6,34,000/-||VDi AGS||7,34,000/-|
|ZXi AGS||6,96,000/-||ZDi AGS||7,96,000/-|
- Tata Winger Patient Transport Ambulance 2021: video review, specs & details in Hindi - October 22, 2021
- VTK Automobiles is the new Jeep dealer in Chennai - October 22, 2021
- Mercedes-Benz S 680 Guard 4Matic meets the highest ballistic test level - October 22, 2021