Mopar Teases a Few of More Than 200 New Jeep Performance Parts and Accessories for All-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler at SEMA
- Mopar offers SEMA sneak peek of select accessories and Jeep Performance Parts created or redesigned for all-new Jeep Wrangler
- Lineup of 200-plus Mopar products for all-new Wrangler is culmination of more than 100,000 hours of development, testing and validation
- New Jeep Performance Parts include lift kits, beadlock-capable wheels, off-road bumpers, LED off-road lights and unique rock rails that target hardcore trail enthusiasts
- First-ever roof rack for all-new Wrangler, first-ever tailgate table, new vehicle graphics, tire covers in a variety of styles and designs, fuel doors and more among Mopar accessories available
- Mopar is only source for factory-authorized, authentic products developed together with designers and engineers who created all-new Wrangler
- 98 percent of Jeep Wrangler vehicles typically outfitted with at least one Mopar product
Las Vegas – Mopar revealed a selection of the brand’s more than 200 new JeepPerformance Parts and accessories for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler during a press event at the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
The Mopar brand’s new lineup, created with more than 100,000 hours of development, validation and testing, assists owners in personalizing the new Wrangler for any adventure or lifestyle, and will be available at the vehicle launch in dealerships.
New Mopar products available for the most capable SUV ever include Jeep Performance Parts lifts kits, beadlock-capable wheels, off-road bumpers, LED off-road lights and rock rails. Mopar accessories for the Wrangler include a roof rack for mounting a variety of lifestyle cargo carriers, a tailgate table, vehicle graphics, tire covers available in a variety of styles and designs, fuel doors and more.
“An iconic vehicle such as Jeep Wrangler deserves nothing but the best, which is why the Mopar and Jeep brands have developed a new set of product solutions to meet the unique lifestyles of Wrangler owners,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “From Jeep Performance Parts like winches and wheels to accessories such as bikini tops and tailgate tables, Mopar has incorporated input from Wrangler owners in bringing to the marketplace the most powerful, reliable and authentic lineup of accessories and performance parts available.”
A total of 98 percent of Jeep Wrangler vehicles are typically outfitted with at least one Mopar product.
New Jeep Performance Parts for all-new Wrangler
All-new Jeep Wrangler owners who are serious about off-roading can choose from new additions to the Jeep Performance Parts product line. New Jeep Performance Parts LED off-road lights, available in 5- and 7-inch applications, pump out a maximum of 8,000 lumens, putting commercial and military grade illumination into the hands of hard core off-roaders.
The off-road lights mount to the frame rails, winch guard or windshield via new Jeep Performance Parts off-road light brackets. A new auxiliary switch bank featuring its own power distribution center offers an organized central area for operating accessories such as the off-road lights, winch and other electrical-powered items.
New, unique Jeep Performance Parts rock rails are thicker and wider to protect the body, and feature the same coating used on Ram Truck bedliners to add a non-slip finish. A Wrangler Rubicon off-road bumper guards the modern and renowned Wrangler profile, maintaining factory standards and properly harmonizing with the design aesthetics of the new Wrangler.
Available new beadlock-capable 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a 12 mm offset and accommodate oversize tires to help tackle off-road conditions. Additional 17-inch five-spoke off-road wheel options are available in silver or black, as well as a “gear” design inspired by the Jeep Performance Parts logo. A 2-inch lift kit offers additional off-road clearance and, when paired with Wrangler high-top fender flares, can accommodate oversize 37-inch tires for serious off-road adventures.
Mopar accessories for all-new Jeep Wrangler
The Mopar roof rack is offered for the first time on the all-new Wrangler. Lifestyle cargo carriers, including a ski, snowboard and bicycle carrier, mount to the roof rack to assist in transporting gear and recreational equipment.
Also a first is the Mopar tailgate table, which flips out to create a utility space and beverage holder and which folds up for storage. A new Mopar emergency first aid kit, improved to include individual pockets for kit contents, and a roadside assistance kit are also available.
New Mopar accessories available for Wrangler include mesh and solid bikini tops, fitting the vehicle’s open-air, fun-and-freedom character while delivering protection from the sun when the hardtop is removed. New screen protectors, a first from Mopar for any vehicle, block dust and debris from cluttering Uconnect 7- and 8.4-inch display systems and even help to enhance visibility.
A few of the many additional Mopar accessories available include vehicle graphics, tire covers available in a variety of styles and designs, all-weather floor mats, molded cargo trays, grab handles and fuel doors.
Mopar products for all-new Wrangler: Factory engineered, authentic quality
The Mopar brand’s line of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for the all-new Wrangler was developed in close conjunction with the Jeep brand and product design office through extensive development, testing and validation.
The strictest standards and factory-exclusive data — information not available to the aftermarket — were used to seamlessly integrate Mopar parts and accessories with the all-new Wrangler and deliver proper fit, finish and quality down to the color, grain, look and line of each product.
“Virtually every Mopar product for the all-new Wrangler is new, redeveloped or redesigned,” said Gorlier. “Our large, new product lineup for this legendary vehicle showcases how the Mopar brand has evolved over 80 years to support our owners in customizing their vehicles to fit any lifestyle.”
Below is additional information on just a few of the more than 200 all-new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories available for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler:
- Roof rack: Marking the first time a Mopar roof rack is offered on a Wrangler vehicle, a variety of lifestyle cargo carriers, such as a bicycle, ski and snowboard carrier can mount to the roof rack for transporting gear and equipment
- JPP LED off-road lights: Military grade, 5-inch LED lights shine at approximately 4,080 lumens each, or owners can go bigger and brighter with 7-inch lights that pump out 8,000 lumens. JPP brackets are available to mount lights to the frame rails, winch guard or windshield
- Auxiliary switch bank: Create an organized central area for operating auxiliary accessories, such as JPP off-road lights
- Tailgate table: Conveniently flips out to form a handy utility space and beverage holder
- 2-inch lift kit: Delivers additional off-road clearance, accommodates oversize tires and adds an aggressive appearance
- Bikini tops: Mopar mesh and solid bikini tops deliver factory-engineered and UV-tested protection from the sun when the hardtop is removed
- JPP unique rock rails: Unique, heavy-gauge steel JPP rock rails are thicker and wider to protect the exterior and utilize the same coating used on Ram Truck bedliners to give a non-slip finish
- Screen protector: Another first-ever Mopar product offered for the new Wrangler that protects and even enhances visibility of Uconnect systems, available for 7- and 8.4-inch displays
- JPP beadlock-capable wheels: Aluminum 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels feature 12 mm offset to accommodate oversize tires and help negotiate off-road terrain. Additional off-road wheel options are available in silver, black and a special “gear” design inspired by the JPP logo
- Mopar Warn winch: Mopar winches offer sealed, water-resistant, die cast construction and include wired remote control and hawse fairlead
- Molded cargo tray: Doubles the surface area of previous Mopar cargo trays by extending to the back of the rear seat to provide additional protection
- Wrangler Rubicon off-road bumper: The steel Rubicon off-road bumper protects the modern and renowned Wrangler profile
- Vehicle graphics: New Mopar hood graphics (for Wrangler Sport) include a 1941 design marking the Jeep brand’s birth and an American-flag-themed option. Bodyside graphics for all trim levels include a subtle 1941 stripe and a Moab-inspired off-road silhouette
- Tire covers: Available in a wide selection of revamped styles, including Jeep logo, camo and American flag designs, and redeveloped to accommodate the rearview camera
- Grab handles: New Mopar grab handles are now hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars, offering increased grip
- Fuel doors: Available in brushed aluminum and satin black finish, and redesigned to standout by incorporating styling cues of the all-new Wrangler
- All-weather floor mats: Durable, all-weather mats fit like a glove and feature a new graphic design inspired by the rugged Moab trails
- RV towing wire harness: The new harness integrates directly with the Wrangler, eliminates excess wires and lights and connects to the vehicle lights for turning and braking while being towed
The Mopar line of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler will be available for purchase when the Wrangler arrives in dealerships.
About Jeep Brand
Built on more than 75 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left- and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options.
During the brand’s 80 years, Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- wiADVISOR: first to incorporate a tablet-based service lane tool
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals on a smartphone app
80 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was born on August 1, 1937, as the name of a line of antifreeze products. Mopar has since evolved over 80 years to serve as the total service, parts and customer-care brand of all FCA vehicles around the globe.
Mopar made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era, with Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, and expanded to include technical service and customer support. Today, the Mopar brand’s global reach distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in over 150 markets around the world. With more than 50 parts distribution centers and 25 customer contact centers globally, Mopar integrates service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance customer and dealer support worldwide.
Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for all FCA US LLC vehicle brands. Mopar parts are engineered together with the same teams that create factory-authorized specifications for FCA vehicles, offering a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide.