- New Jaguar XE SV Project 8 sits at the pinnacle of the world’s performance sedans, with a thrilling mix of V8 power, dynamic agility and all-wheel drive traction
- Significant SVO enhancements made to award-winning XE include lightweight aluminium and carbon fibre exterior panels to meet extreme performance targets
- 200mph and 0-60mph in 3.3sec – supercar performance from Jaguar’s most compact four-door sedan
- Project 8 is the most powerful Jaguar road car ever – and first road-legal Jaguar with a 600PS 5.0-litre supercharged V8
- Just 300 examples of the ultimate expression of Jaguar performance are available worldwide – exclusively left-hand drive
- Project 8 features manually adjustable ride height, aerodynamics and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics settings for circuit use. Optional two-seat Track Pack version saves 12.2kg
- First application of Jaguar’s ultimate new Carbon Ceramic Braking system, and an industry-first use of F1-style silicon nitride ceramic wheel bearings on a road car
- Project 8 will be the first car completely hand-assembled by SVO’s expert craftsmen at the new £20m SVO Technical Centre in Warwickshire, UK
- Prices for Project 8 reflect the high-value engineering content and hand-built assembly process of this specialist car. Priced from £149,995 in UK
- Project 8 will be available to order worldwide in four-seat specification. Optional Track Pack version featuring two race specification seats and Harness Retention Hoop available outside North America and Canada
- Project 8 with optional Track Pack will make its world dynamic debut on 30 June at Goodwood Festival of Speed, where the four-seat version will also be presented on the Jaguar Land Rover stand
Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) has revealed the most powerful, agile and extreme performance Jaguar road car ever – the 200mph, 600PS XE SV Project 8 sedan.
The second Collector’s Edition by SVO, following the successful F-TYPE Project 7 of 2014, Project 8 is a hand-built four-door sedan with supercar performance – designed to thrill driving enthusiasts, with an extraordinary combination of explosive power, dynamic agility and all-wheel-drive traction. To ensure exclusivity, no more than 300 examples will be created, each assembled at SVO’s Technical Centre in Coventry.
Project 8 exclusively features the most highly tuned version of Jaguar Land Rover’s 5.0-litre Supercharged V8 petrol powertrain. The 600PS power unit, which has a Titanium Variable Active Exhaust, is complemented by Jaguar’s All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system and motorsport-derived aerodynamics to deliver a 200mph top speed and 0-60mph in 3.3sec*, making Project 8 the fastest accelerating Jaguar yet.
Fundamental to the performance of the most track-focused car SVO has ever produced, Project 8 features a number of purposeful modifications to the award-winning XE’s lightweight aluminium body panels, including: Carbon Fibre Bumper with enhanced Cooling Ducts, vented Carbon Fibre Bonnet, flared bodywork covering 20-inch forged aluminium alloy wheels, adjustable Front Splitter, Flat Underbody, rear Carbon Fibre Bumper, rear Diffuser and adjustable Rear Aerodynamic Wing. Project 8 will be the lightest V8 sedan in the Jaguar range.
To ensure optimum performance on road or track, Project 8 endows the XE’s double-wishbone front and Integral Link rear suspension with stiffer springs and manually adjustable Continuously Variable Dampers (giving a 15mm lower ride height for track use), debuts a new Carbon Ceramic Braking system, an industry-first use of Formula 1-style silicon nitride ceramic wheel bearings on a road car, and incorporates a rear Electronic Active Differential (EAD) with oil cooler – a first for XE.
The high-performance theme continues inside, with subtle applications of Gloss Carbon Fibre trim as well as Alcantara, on the rim of the Project 8 Sport Steering Wheel, instrument binnacle and door cards. The eight-speed Quickshift transmission can either be operated by aluminium paddle shifters behind the steering wheel or by a central Pistolshift lever – another first for XE.
Project 8 is also the first Jaguar to feature a dedicated Track Mode, which tailors driveline and stability control systems for circuit use, and sharpens both throttle and steering responses for ultimate precision and driver feedback.
Project 8 will be available in two specifications at launch. The standard four-seat model features Jaguar’s latest front Performance seats with magnesium frames, plus a more heavily contoured rear squab to maximise support. The optional two-seat Track Pack includes lightweight front Carbon Fibre Racing Seats with Four-Point Harnesses fixed to a Harness Retention Hoop in place of the rear seat. All Project 8s will be built in left-hand drive configuration only.
Full details of Project 8 are now online at www.jaguar.com, including eight body colour choices – three eye-catching standard colours: Fuji White, Narvik Black and Caldera Red, plus five enhanced SVO Design options incorporating colours and finishes from the SVO Premium Palette: Valencia Orange, Velocity Blue, Meribel White, Verbier Silver and Corris Grey (satin matte).
Project 8 owners will also be able to personalise their car by opting for further colours and finishes from the SVO Premium Palette range, which includes 19 colours in tri-coat, tinted clear coat, pearlescent, ChromaFlairTM and satin matte finishes. Race-inspired decal packs, accentuating Project 8’s high-performance attributes, are also available.
The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 will make its world debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, UK, which runs from 29 June – 2 July. Project 8 will make its dynamic world debut on the famous Goodwood Hill on Friday 30 June.