For as long as there have been trucks, they’ve been used for hauling more than just cargo. The 2018 Silverado Performance Concept explores the performance capability of Chevy’s light-duty pickup with a concept supercharger system that figuratively and literally blows more life into its 5.3L V-8 engine. It’s based on the supercharger of the LT4 engine offered in the Corvette Z06 and Camaro ZL1.
The Silverado Performance Concept also features Chevrolet Performance and Chevrolet Accessories parts that complement the supercharged engine, including a performance exhaust system and a performance brake kit. Custom exterior enhancements round out the Silverado concept’s high-performance aesthetic.
- Chevrolet Performance LT4-style intercooled supercharger system adds 100+ horsepower
- 22-inch performance tires
- Enhanced Satin Steel Gray exterior color
- Unique hood, air ducts and lower front fascia
- Body-color grille surrounds and bumpers
- Dark Android window moldings
- Custom exterior graphics
- Smoked headlamp and taillamp lenses
- Black suede-wrapped steering wheel with red stripe and black bowtie emblem
- Carbon-fiber Z71 gauges
- LCD competition-style dash logger app
CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE PARTS
- Front six-piston Brembo® brake upgrade kit in red
- 5.3L cat-back exhaust system with polished tip
- Performance cold-air induction system
- 22-inch aluminum wheels (custom color for concept vehicle) and center caps
- Black bowtie emblems
- Tri-fold tonneau cover
- All-weather floor liners
- Rear underseat storage organizer
The Silverado Performance concept joins approximately 20 additional Chevrolet models this week at the SEMA Show, Oct. 31-Nov. 3.