For over 100 years, Chevrolet has forged an enviable reputation for building strong and dependable “full-size” pick-up trucks, and HSV has committed to bringing their pinnacle model – the Silverado – to Australia and New Zealand.
Power, payload and towing capability are what Silverado is famous for and all these attributes will be reflected in the five-model 4×4 Crew Cab line-up that HSV will offer:
- 2500HD WT
- 2500HD LTZ
- 2500HD LTZ “Midnight” Edition
- 2500HD LTZ “Custom Sport” Edition
- 3500HD LTZ
All five vehicles share the same impressive heavy-duty equipment including:
- Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 engine
- ~332kW of power
- ~1,234 Nm of torque
- Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission
- Towing capacity of ~3.5 – ~6.1 tonne (model dependent)
- Payload capacity of ~1,140kg – ~1,848kg (model dependent)
- 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes
- Automatic locking rear differential
Said HSV’s Managing Director, Tim Jackson, “The availability of the Chevrolet Silverado range opens up some wonderful new opportunities for our business in a market segment whose potential is relatively un-tapped, and we believe has high growth potential”.
“Whether it be the farming or mining sectors, those who need to pull a large caravan or horse float or simply those who want awesome towing and load carrying capability, Silverado is the pinnacle of the GM range”, he said.
Conversion of the Silverado range will commence at HSV’s new production facility in April 2018. The 3500HD LTZ model will be available late in Q2, 2018.
Recommended Retail Pricing is still to be confirmed.
- BMW X3 M xDrive 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022
- Porsche Macan 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 220d 4Matic 2022: video review, specs & details in Hindi - January 22, 2022