- 2018 MDX Sport Hybrid features an upgraded user interface with standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Two new sporty red exterior colors
The 2018 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid begins arriving at Acura dealerships tomorrow, boasting an upgraded user interface and additional in-vehicle technology plus two new exterior colors, Basque Red Pearl II and San Marino Red. Pricing begins at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $52,100 (excluding $995 destination and handling). Distinguishing the Sport Hybrid from the rest of the MDX lineup is the brand’s signature three-motor Sport Hybrid Super Handling-All Wheel Drive™ system, which it shares with the 2018 NSX supercar and RLX Sport Hybrid.
The Acura MDX is the best-selling three-row luxury SUV of all time and has recently claimed AutoWeb’s 2018 Buyer’s Choice Award for the Luxury SUV category.
The 2018 MDX Sport Hybridshowcases Acura’s Precision Crafted Performance DNA with its 3.0-liter, i-VTEC V6 engine and three-motor Sport Hybrid Super Handling-All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system. With 321-peak horsepower and 289 lb.-ft. total peak torque on tap, the MDX Sport Hybrid is Acura’s most powerful production SUV ever built. And, despite turning out 30 additional horsepower and a 45 percent higher EPA city fuel economy rating as compared to the conventionally-powered MDX SH-AWD, the MDX Sport Hybrid carries a nominal premium of only $1,500 over the conventional MDX SH-AWD.
Two feature-rich model grades are offered: MDX Sport Hybrid with Technology Package and the MDX Sport Hybrid with Advance Package. Both grades feature unique interior trim, stainless steel sport pedals and wood interior accents. Technology Package models include seating for seven, while the range-topping Advance Package features a 6-passenger interior with second-row captain’s chairs and a large second-row center console in place of a three-person bench seat.
2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Pricing and EPA Fuel Economy Ratings
|Trim||MSRP||MSRP Including $995 Destination Charge||EPA MPG Rating4|
|MDX Sport Hybrid with Technology Package||$52,100||$53,095||26 / 27 / 27|
|MDX Sport Hybrid with Advance Package||$58,150||$59,145||26 / 27 / 27|
What’s new for 2018?
The MDX Sport Hybrid can be had in eight exterior paint colors including two new choices: Basque Red Pearl II for Technology models and San Marino Red for Advance versions. All models also feature a redesigned dual-screen user interface (ODMD 2.0), with more intuitive menus and command structures complemented by a new 7-inch capacitive touchscreen (previously resistive type) with 30-percent faster response times. Topping it all off is standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration.
Every MDX Sport Hybrid is equipped with the AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. The contents of which include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low Speed Follow
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
The 2018 MDX Sport Hybrid is now manufactured exclusively in East Liberty, Ohio using domestic and globally-sourced parts.
- Three-motor Sport Hybrid SH-AWD powertrain
- 3.0-liter, i-VTEC V-6 engine
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (7DCT)
- 4-mode Integrated Dynamics System with SPORT+ mode
- Active Dampers
- Electric Servo Brake System
- Exclusive interior trim
- Body-color lower side sills and front/rear skid garnishes
- SH-AWD badge on rear and Hybrid badges on front fenders
- Lamborghini Revuelto V12 hybrid plug-in HPEV launched with 1000+ horsepower - March 29, 2023
- Mahindra to sponsor four IPL T20 league teams - March 29, 2023
- Evera cab services buys 100 BYD e6 electric EVs - March 29, 2023